TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Disappointed with 2 back to back MCU content this year! Ms marvel and Thor...no hopes on BP2 as well...no chad no BP!

Felt movie was hurried up and yes it had some shades of Ragnarok level of awesomeness but "some "doesnt suffice for a movie which falters in other aspects!

Chris and Bale were at their best...6-6.5/10 

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Ms Marvel is literally going to be in Marvels.

Kang will be in Quantamania.

That lady from TFATWS was in BW and Natasha's sister is in Hawkeye.

Captain Carter in Multiverse of Madness.

I don’t think those are must watches? You can still jump into the films missing some of that. Captain Carter being in MoM doesn’t really have much bearing on the plot or the film as a whole. 

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Ms Marvel is literally going to be in Marvels.

Kang will be in Quantamania.

That lady from TFATWS was in BW and Natasha's sister is in Hawkeye.

Captain Carter in Multiverse of Madness.

First two haven’t happened yet, they said so far.

Movie characters appearing in tv is obviously different than vice versa — might as well list Wanda appeared in WV, Zemo appeared in FWS, Loki appeared in Loki…   

That captain carter was totally unrelated to What If captain carter so again not really a connection.

• Like 1

Honestly what is Marvel Studios at. This movie…

I’m not even sure they are watching their films and tv shows before putting it out. The drop in quality from Endgame has been staggering. Just awful.

Maybe after seeing Top Gun: Maverick and EEAAO you realise that Marvel is now making sub standard, half arsed shit that they expect the audience to eat up because it has cameos and colours.

Feige come on. I’m so disappointed.

3 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

This is so cringe especially after watching the film.

Alright, I guess we can add this to the list of movies where Disney made a big fuss over queer representation, only for it to amount to basically nothing. 

1 hour ago, exomassey said:

Honestly what is Marvel Studios at. This movie…

I’m not even sure they are watching their films and tv shows before putting it out. The drop in quality from Endgame has been staggering. Just awful.

Maybe after seeing Top Gun: Maverick and EEAAO you realise that Marvel is now making sub standard, half arsed shit that they expect the audience to eat up because it has cameos and colours.

Feige come on. I’m so disappointed.

Shang chi, Eternals and NWH are both good/great ( i dont care The RT score lol) movie

MoM is not bad, it was ok

Let see The future what bring us

The non stop complain brigade complains more? Shocked. Shocked I say.

People endlessly complain about Marvel supposedly directing all the movies themselves but for all the movies where they've let the directors go nuts are the ones people won't stop bitching about. Hope this annoying discourse cycle doesn't happen again with Black Panther

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

People endlessly complain about Marvel supposedly directing all the movies themselves but for all the movies where they've let the directors go nuts are the ones people won't stop bitching about. Hope this annoying discourse cycle doesn't happen again with Black Panther

I’m expecting some pretty messy BP2 audience reactions as I do believe many will be split on whether they should’ve recast… but at the very least I think critics will definitely treat it with kid gloves given the circumstances. 

Just now, Rebeccas said:

I’m expecting some pretty messy BP2 audience reactions as I do believe many will be split on whether they should’ve recast… but at the very least I think critics will definitely treat it with kid gloves given the circumstances. 

If people haven't accepted they aren't recasting this long after they've said repeatedly they aren't that's on them. I also think the group mad about that is a annoyingly vocal minority on Twitter and not a substantial enough complaint to move the needle.

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

yes poor Marvel!

Just now, SpiderByte said:

If people haven't accepted they aren't recasting this long after they've said repeatedly they aren't that's on them. I also think the group mad about that is a annoyingly vocal minority on Twitter and not a substantial enough complaint to move the needle.

Well if the character(s) who have been given the mantle of leading this franchise don’t live up, I do think that whole discourse will start up again? Like are people going to just calling accept that Shuri is now the lead of this franchise lmao

9 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Just a reminder that you can place people whose posts you find annoying on your Ignore list. :)

• Like 1

There's no reason to worry about BP2 before the trailer. If trailer doens't clarify who new BP is and that creates significant Dislike ratio than we can talk. But otherwise it's only a concern of the very invested die-hard minority, not the casual majority that will start paying attention only when previews begin to roll. 

I think we’ve seen now that directors doing their own thing without an IW/Endgame structure in place is likely a bad combination for the MCU. Phase 3 worked because they were given freedom to inject some of their own sensibilities but story wise they had to stick to the plan very closely lest they destroy the build up. NWH still had that corporate crossover stamp and was a huge crowd pleaser because of it. 

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

There's no reason to worry about BP2 before the trailer. If trailer doens't clarify who new BP is and that creates significant Dislike ratio than we can talk. But otherwise it's only a concern of the very invested die-hard minority, not the casual majority that will start paying attention only when previews begin to roll. 

thinking BP2 will struggle. Not having Black Panther himself (Chadwick’s Black Panther became a fan favorite right after he appeared in Civil War) will hurt it. Obviously that can’t be helped but it is what it is 

Edited by John Marston