eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

5 minutes ago, YM! said:

Unsure if they can get Pascal in time though. With The Last of Us 2, and Gladiator being top priorities could he even be fit in. Marvel isn’t the biggest fish in that proverbial sea.

Spoiler

He'll likely die in episode 1 of TLOU S2, so he should be fine there lol

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, YM! said:

Unsure if they can get Pascal in time though. With The Last of Us 2, and Gladiator being top priorities could he even be fit in. Marvel isn’t the biggest fish in that proverbial sea.

Im assuming Pascal isn't the lead actor in Gladiator so that shouldn't be a problem depending on the size of his role. TLOU, I don't know how that works out. But Mando pretty much wears the helmet all the time so I guess Disney could loan him out to Marvel?

Edited by Mojoguy

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

This is a huge commitment. I can see why he or anyone else would be reluctant to sign on. The contract will  be several movies for maybe a decade if things work out

True but it's not like he hasn't done that already. He has two ongoing TV shows that he is, ostensibly, the lead of (though admittedly he doesn't need to be on set for Mando every single day)

31 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

They should have done this to rile up wokists.

Come on man, you can do better than that, surely? They've literally left a doll right next to her on that comic panel to drive the point home that she was just a little girl playing with dolls when they've met. Surely there's nothing woke or whatever to point out how awfully creepy that is?

22 minutes ago, robertman2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I mean...

Spoiler

Even if they do go down that controversial route, he could still be in a lot of flashbacks throughout it? I think they'll want to take advantage of having a popular actor as much as possible.

6 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Casting Pascal feels like a desperate move. They know he's popular among nerds and men so it will defintely attract interest. A very vanilla casting choice by Disney

MCU honestly could do with some more "vanilla" stuff right now. While they are at it, they really could try to get a couple more proven blockbuster writers and directors for some of their future projects instead of relying only on indies with potential, how about that?

Back to the basics doesn't always hurt.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Weelllll......apparently they aren't going with an origin story or a young FF group. Why not just cast Krisinski? This seems.....odd and, as other said, desperate.

They should cast Uma Thurman, J-Lo or Jennifer Aniston as Sue Storm.

Why is it desperate to want to anchor their next big project on a proven star and draw to the target audience? I honestly don't understand this thinking. I think it is a really smart casting choice precisely because of that.

Edited by Arlborn

Just now, Arlborn said:

Come on man, you can do better than that, surely? They've literally left a doll right next to hear on that comic panel to drive the point home that she was just a little girl playing with dolls when they've met. Surely there's nothing woke or whatever to point out how awfully creepy that is?

I mean...

Reveal hidden contents

MCU honestly could do with some more "vanilla" stuff right now. While they are at it, they really could try to get a couple more proven blockbuster writers and directors for some of their future projects instead of relying only on indies with potential, how about that?

Back to the basics doesn't always hurt.

I agree.Thye might have to pay more for the proven writers and directors, but a shake up is needed; the dependince on Indies making theri first big budget project is not working for the. It's ok to take a flyer on an indie once in a while, but when that is pretty much all you are doing; in the first stage they had some young talent, buy also expereinced Journeyman writers and difrectors.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Casting Pascal feels like a desperate move. They know he's popular among nerds and men so it will defintely attract interest. A very vanilla casting choice by Disney

Pascal =success? No

let see What happen

Mcu need quality after so many trouble years

Still maintain this property loses most of its appeal in a world already filled with superheroes and teams. The story of the Fantastic Four is taking conventional family dynamics and applying them to unbelievable circumstances. The entire universe is nothing but unbelievable circumstances, so they just seem like different brands of the same guys.

THAT SAID....Pascal is like one of five people I can imagine actually moving the needle a bit. Guy is one hot property right now.

• Thanks 1

Thank God it's not John Krasinski. I have always hated that casting. The most boring and unimaginative casting on the planet. And he didn't prove to be a special choice in The Multiverse Madness either. Pedro doing a paycheck role in a big comic book movie should be fun. 

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2

With Marvels bombing so hard, I think they need  F4 to be a big hit. A bigger name popular with geeks for Reed would help. Pascal has been in 3 of the biggest genre shows of recent years with GOT, Mando and TLOF with him getting a lot of praise. He is a bigger name who probably won't be too expensive, though I'm sure he will be paid well for his likely 10 movie contract.

Also I haven't noticed much complaining about Reed not being white because of Pascal's popularity, thank god.

Marvel probably wants the F4 cast to be more diverse instead of 4 white actors. Pascal would be a first step.

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

Meh. It's up to Spider-Man 4 to salvage MCU BO in 2025. 

Why they wouldn't just make Cap 4 a "filler" avengers film like Age of Ultron with Sam being the leader is beyond me. Sitting on the Avengers brand/dynamic for nearly a decade is the most costly mistake Fiege has made. How many falcon and red hulk fans are there? Why would the GA care about this film at all 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1