Eric Duncan

Hobbs & Shaw Weekend Thread: 60.8M OW (6th-best August debut), 180.8M WW | TLK 38.2, OUATIH 20, FFH 7.7, TS4 7.1, Farewell 2.4

3 hours ago, MrPink said:

No way Hobbs and Shaw will have great legs, but I've thought about it trying to make a big push to a Jason Bourne like total. Needs to open to near 60m for that to happen though

Despite an inflated Sunday (+5%) MIB is looking at 2.65-2.7x multi. JWFK did 2.8x+.

2.8-2.85x is feasible for Hobbs and Shaw IMO.

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

Don't know where the preview number will wind up, but Hobbs and Shaw is a blast of a film. I expect solid WOM and wouldn't be shocked if it has some good legs. 

Glad you liked it!

Quite a few people on here seem to have seen it and haven't heard anyone dislike it yet, which is encouraging.

I agree it will have good WOM. (but then i'm biased as I liked it)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

do people actually care about characters and story, I thought it was only vroom vroom dishoom dishoom.

tha's the Dhoom franchise. this is about

Spoiler

family 💪

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

haven't seen the original F&F, but heard that Dhoom is its remake.

no much different than dhoom. though salman's race was a bad/horrible attempt at f&f i have heard.

31 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

do people actually care about characters and story, I thought it was only vroom vroom dishoom dishoom.

Well they do, one reason why F&F fans are pissed off at H&S is because both characters are not part of the family.

As i said, a rare case of fans of franchise wanting it's spin-off to flop lol

But if you see it clearly without bias then you'll realise that these 2 characters are so much better than most others, no matter whatever is the BO result of this movie.

14 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Glad you liked it!

Quite a few people on here seem to have seen it and haven't heard anyone dislike it yet, which is encouraging.

I agree it will have good WOM. (but then i'm biased as I liked it)

My theater seems to have enjoyed it too. There were several instances when the whole crowd just roared with laughter. Granted it was opening night so it may have skewed things.

I was interested in watching it but bought my ticket last minute based on people on here saying good things about it. I’m glad I did :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Well they do, one reason why F&F fans are pissed off at H&S is because both characters are not part of the family.

As i said, a rare case of fans of franchise wanting it's spin-off to flop lol

But if you see it clearly without bias then you'll realise that these 2 characters are so much better than most others, no matter whatever is the BO result of this movie.

Hobbs Family > Dom Family

• Like 1

So speaking with RTH, here's what he said about preview numbers and why nobody really has access to them.

"Previews are blocked to most (hence why no source really has access). It's basically the distributor, exhibitors(some level of access) and a  few others"

So let's just wait until we get an actual number first before believing whatever it is a deadline says to us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

My theater seemed to enjoy Hobbs and Shaw immensely as well. Lots of laughter and everyone seemed to be talking positively about it on the way out.

There's a few really good Winx in the movie, and one of them is the best wink I've seen in a film since Eddie Murphy gave the money to the bums in coming to America.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

My theater seemed to enjoy Hobbs and Shaw immensely as well. Lots of laughter and everyone seemed to be talking positively about it on the way out.

There's a few really good Winx in the movie, and one of them is the best wink I've seen in a film since Eddie Murphy gave the money to the bums in coming to America.

What do you mean by wink?

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

So speaking with RTH, here's what he said about preview numbers and why nobody really has access to them.

"Previews are blocked to most (hence why no source really has access). It's basically the distributor, exhibitors(some level of access) and a  few others"

So let's just wait until we get an actual number first before believing whatever it is a deadline says to us.

Hmmmm....

6 hours ago, RealLyre said:

4.5-5M is around where most of the comps in the tracking thread had it at so I wouldn’t be too surprised if it only reached that 

Hmmmm....

Posted at 6:27pm PDT in the tracking thread

7 hours ago, MattW said:

I've been thinking for the past week that fast and furious is the type of movie to have stronger walk-ups.....but not more so than Jurassic world, surely. 

Right now my guess is 4.5-5 in previews, 45-55 weekend. 

Story posted at 6:29pm PDT on Deadline

7 hours ago, RealLyre said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5319823

Also....

Typically, Fast & Furious movies overindex on the West Coast and deliver a huge Hispanic turnout. The night isn’t over for Hobbs & Shaw, so we’ll see what comes.

Posted by Yours Truly ALSO at 6:27pm PDT 

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

Hobbs & Shaw Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report:

PREMIERE NIGHT (FINAL REPORT) [5:40pm - 6:15pm]

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

21.44%

Total Seats Sold Since 1pm:           1064 

Comps (probably lol - use at own risk)

0.9531x as many tickets sold as John Wick 3 at stop of tracking.                [5.43m]

0.7877x as many tickets sold as Aladdin at stop of tracking.                      [5.51m]

0.2799x as many tickets sold as The Lion King at stop of tracking.             [6.44m]

Detailed Final Comps:

Reveal hidden contents

Adjusted Comps (also probably lol - use at own risk)

.3454x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2 at stop of tracking.         [6.42m]

.4510x as many tickets sold as Fallen Kingdom at stop of tracking.   [6.90m]

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: If a theater locally that is now selling tickets for reserved seating was selling them for the above movies, but as non-reserved seating for that movie, it is not counted toward the ratio of 'as many tickets sold' for the movie in question.  If a theater is brand new to the region and wasn't yet open for one of the above movies, however, it will be counted toward the ratio.  It will also be counted toward the ratio if it was playing in a different number of theaters locally.

Detailed Final Comps (adj):

Reveal hidden contents

This movie exploded in Sacto this half day.  Wanna think about it a few minutes before giving any sort of final comp suggestions.

tenor.gif?itemid=5319823

tenor.gif?itemid=5319823

tenor.gif?itemid=5319823

Spoiler

I'm not seriously accusing Deadline of anything here.  But I find the timing (and the comment about the West Coast) pretty funny. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Astonished 2