Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

3 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

The cinema I go to has 33 showings on Thursday (including 4 midnight shows) with the film being shown basically every 20 minutes. It has 8 screens out of 12.

I think this one is so difficult to predict because we don't have anything that has opened like this since the start of the Pandemic.

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

31 shows at my local including midnights, 12 of 15 screens at peak time

34 on Thursday at mine and 41 (!) on Friday. 

41 in one day might be the most I’ve ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

34 on Thursday at mine and 41 (!) on Friday. 

41 in one day might be the most I’ve ever seen. 

I think 58 was the most I’ve ever seen when Force Awakens and Last Jedi had 24 hour screenings for their first weekends.

It'll be interesting to see if they do similar with Spider-Man this Christmas.

10 - 12 September 2021 - Screen Daily Numbers

1. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - £3,600,000 (-37.7%) / £11,900,000 / Week 2
2. Free Guy - £689,906 (-27.8%) / £14,300,000 / Week 5
3. Respect - £424,060 / Week 1
4. Candyman - £418,414 (-44.5%) / £3,760,000 / Week 3
5. Malignant - £409,449 / Week 1
6. The Paw Patrol Movie - £324,000 (-31%) / £7,290,000 / Week 5
7. Copshop - £198,000 / Week 1
8. Jungle Cruise - £165,412 (-38%) / £12,000,000 / Week 7
9. The Croods 2: A New Age - £139,390 (-25%) / £9,300,000 / Week 1
10. Space Jam: A New Legacy - £134,259 (-27%) / £12,400,000 / Week 9

Unplaced Numbers

The Suicide Squad - £95,400 (-53%) / £14,000,000 / Week 7
People Just Do Nothing: Big in Japan - £70,035 (-49%) / £2,100,000 / Week 4
Spirit Untamed - £50,416 / £3,200,000 / Week 7
Herself - £52,442 / £85,650 (inc. previews) / Week 1
Rise of the Footsoldier: Origins - £38,841 (68%) / £221,130 / Week 2
The Nest - £32,761 (-49%) / £365,000 / Week 3
The Last Bus - £27,340 (-29%) / £245,720 / Week 3
Peter Rabbit 2: the Runaway - £25,000 / £20,420,000 / Week 17
Our Ladies - £15,000 / £339,000 / Week 3
The Night House - £12,509 / £913,053 / Week 4
Black Widow - £12,484 / £18,800,000 / Week 10
The Servant - £6,460 (inc. previews) / Week 1
Ninjababy - £372 / Week 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A slow week coming up. 

New releases: 

12 Mighty Orphans (3 showtimes)

Herself (3 showtimes)

A Clockwork Orange (4K) is surprisingly getting three showtimes too. It’s a slow week.

Everything else is keeping their showtimes apart from Free Guy which is dropping one. 

Cineworld just quietly removed social distancing despite it being in place  when I booked my NTTD tickets…shady as hell, clearly not wanting to spook people who’ve just booked for Bond and will now get a nasty surprise when some random unmasked mouth breather is sat next to them.

Combine that with the greedy price hike, and I think I’ll be going elsewhere from now on.

Edited by SnokesLegs

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

A slow week coming up. 

New releases: 

12 Mighty Orphans (3 showtimes)

Herself (3 showtimes)

A Clockwork Orange (4K) is surprisingly getting three showtimes too. It’s a slow week.

Everything else is keeping their showtimes apart from Free Guy which is dropping one. 

Not sure why WB is not releasing Dune in UK at the same date as other European Markets.. 

Edited by TigerPaw

17 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Cineworld just quietly removed social distancing despite it being in place  when I booked my NTTD tickets…shady as hell, clearly not wanting to spook people who’ve just booked for Bond and will now get a nasty surprise when some random unmasked mouth breather is sat next to them.

Combine that with the greedy price hike, and I think I’ll be going elsewhere from now on.

Is that in England, have your rules changed? 

17 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Not sure why WB is not releasing Dune in UK at the same date as other European Markets.. 

It should be, it’ll be another slow weekend. 

17 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

That is a sneaky move. Cineworld are in the shit at the moment though. Shares price less than a tenth of its previous high, think they are getting a little desperate 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Is that in England, have your rules changed? 

Yeah that’s in England. The seat selection page still has the “2 seat gap” notice, but it now lets you select seats next to people. Had a look on Twitter and the Cineworld account confirmed to someone who’d had a stranger sit next to them that they’d done away with social distancing.

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

That is a sneaky move. Cineworld are in the shit at the moment though. Shares price less than a tenth of its previous high, think they are getting a little desperate 

Yeah they’re clearly pinning everything on Bond.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I thought Odeon and Vue had already removed it. 

They have, but at least they didn’t quietly do it at the same time that people are booking tickets for the biggest film in the UK since TROS, who are all under the assumption that nobody will be sat directly next to them.

I don’t blame them for doing it considering all the other chains have dropped it (even if the case numbers aren’t exactly inspiring confidence…), but they could have at least announced it, or at the very least, removed the “2 seat gap” guidance from the seat selection page. I can see there being a lot of annoyed people wondering why they don’t have a gap over the next few weeks.

Edited by SnokesLegs