Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Went to see Venom 2, Ron's Gone Wrong and Halloween Kills yesterday and the film that was the most sold out for me was Ron's Gone Wrong, granted it was a Saturday at 4pm so it was peak time, but I thought it was quite impressive that it had sold so many tickets. Halloween Kills was the second most sold out, but I did see it in a medium sized screen and Venom 2 was about 75% sold in a bigger screen than both of those.

This weekend has got to be one of the biggest of the pandemic era so far with bond and Venom looking to bring in £15M+ together and RGW and HK probably around £5M+ together. Only real disappointment for the weekend is probably going to be The Last Duel.

17 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Addams family held off Ron's Gone Wrong comfortably, and Last Duels comes in 6th.

Ouch for Ron’s Gone Wrong, they’ve been advertising that heavily too. 

42 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

£7.25m for Venom with so much competition would be hugely impressive, 

All those PLF’s helping out. Impressive for a 15 rating too.

More impressive is that £7.25m wasn’t even enough to be be the most popular film of the week. 

Edited by Krissykins

11 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I can't see anything on the horizon doing it without significant inflation. If they ever do another Potter movie with the original cast there's a chance, or a bond 10-15 years down the line, but it's not going to be soon. 

Never bet against Cameron.

Edited by efialtes76

Bond still on track for at least £90m, and it has half term next week.

Good start for Venom, should have a similar run to the first, although I expected a bit more based on shows near me. 

Wonder if Dune will topple Bond. Pre-sales look strong, especially in IMAX/large format screens. £5m 4-day opening would be great, and think it should do very well over half term holidays. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Krissykins said:

£6m for Venom.

£1.67m for Halloween Kills. 

Edit: I misread the tweet about Halloween Kills and thought it was £945k. Great opening considering the small rooms. 

Venom 2 did 8.3

The UK launched at $8.3M, 7% ahead of Venom and the second-best standard opening of the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

37 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Venom 2 did 8.3

The UK launched at $8.3M, 7% ahead of Venom and the second-best standard opening of the pandemic.

Ah that original tweet must’ve had a typo then. 

7% ahead of Venom for the 3 day I assume, as Venom 1 burned off two full days worth of demand with a 5 day opening didn’t it? 

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Ah that original tweet must’ve had a typo then. 

7% ahead of Venom for the 3 day I assume, as Venom 1 burned off two full days worth of demand with a 5 day opening didn’t it? 

Yeah so 7% ahead for the 3 day so it out opened the first just like America and a lot of other places. It will already make a good profit without China once it’s all said and done WW.

12 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Yeah so 7% ahead for the 3 day so it out opened the first just like America and a lot of other places. It will already make a good profit without China once it’s all said and done WW.

I wonder if it’ll outgross the first film in total here too then. 

But yeh comparing a 5 day to a 3 day is pointless. 

• Like 1