Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

FB3 $8M /£6.15M (est)

Complete and utter rejection, the likes of which last seen with Dark Phoenix. Ironically there is a phoenix prominently featured in this movie's marketing.

What makes it worse is that this is Warner's first test under their new Discovery overlords. Getting some serious Disney-Fox vibes here and I do not like it one bit.

4 minutes ago, MadGoose said:

Why would that be when people are liking this one much more than CoG? Did CoG somehow leave that bad of a taste in people's mouths?

Probably, this lacks awareness and frankly interest in the UK after CoG. Even with good WOM, a multiplier above 3.5x is unlikely for a fan driven film. 

Just now, Heretic said:

For general audiences awareness is low.

Also, why are you so against this film? Have you actually seen it? 

It's not for lack of trying, it's been trailered like crazy, I constantly see ads on TV at the gym, there's billboards all over my town, people are aware and uncaring. 

I'm against it because I viscerally despised Crimes of Grindelwald like I didn't know was possible, and revel in the fact that it's paying for its sins. I've go no interest in watching anything further in this fan fiction series. 

• Disbelief 1

I've seen some (in the UK I guess) say they felt marketing wasn't pushed as strongly there. I can't say really, not sure how you would even go about measuring that. 

"for its sins?" jesus Schumacher, you are an asshole. "Fan fiction"? What on earth are you talking about?

Edited by MadGoose
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, MadGoose said:

I've seen some (in the UK I guess) say they felt marketing wasn't pushed as strongly there. I can't say really, not sure how you would even go about measuring that. 

"for its sins?" jesus Schumacher, you are an asshole. "Fan fiction"? What on earth are you talking about?

I'm happy to be a villain, I hated the last one and I adore the original movies and books. This stuff is absolute drivel. 

Side note, careful who you call an Asshole on here, others might not let such a thing slide

Edited by SchumacherFTW

Moderation

@MadGoose, you don't have to like Schumacher and his attitude towards these movies. But I expect you to still treat your fellow BOT members with respect. Please refrain from calling other people "assholes" on these boards, especially over something innocuous like a Harry Potter movie.