Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

6 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Looks like just under £1m opening day for Downton Abbey 2. Anyone know what the original opened up to?

Has anyone seen much in the way of marketing for it? If I hadn't been asked by my mum to keep an eye on timings for her so she can go with her friend I'm not sure I'd have the first idea it was coming out.

Great drops across the board this weekend.

Looking ahead to Dr Strange, a huge 4-day opening is all but guaranteed. It won’t reach the heights of NWH (£31.9m, although that was over 5 days) but above £20m 4 day seems a safe bet. Question is could it get nearer to the £25m mark (NTTD had a 4 day opening of £25.9m).

Pre-sales are looking very strong, even during the day, so likely will be plenty of sell outs over the opening weekend. 

Now Way Home had a £7.6m OD. Expecting more like £5m for Dr Strange which is almost the same as the £4.9m OD of NTTD.

• Like 3

Considerable drop for Downton Abbey 2, -40% from the first film. Still a decent opening though and I’m sure it’ll have decent legs. 

Lots of great holds this weekend. Sonic 2 already £3m over the last film. Operation Mincemeat and The Northman heading for £5m+ totals. The Lost City heading for £10m+. Worst Person In The World almost over £1m now too. 

Looks like we’re having what the US box office isn’t: variety. 

Looking very busy tonight with lots of full shows, should be a big OD, hopefully @PhilipJ2001 can provide an estimate of numbers later/tomorrow 

Still can’t believe how lacklustre the UK reporting of BO data is compared to most other countries, especially for such a huge market. There is just no accessible information for anything, really needs to change as can only ever make assumptions based on how it’s looking in the local area

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Dr. Strange's Previews : £3,796,170 

Weekend+Previews : £9,288,898 / 602 sites [28-30, Oct, 2016]

So, DS: MOM's OD should be above £4M ?

Thanks! that’s impressive, so above £3.79m anyway. 

4m OD wouldn’t be bad. It still would likely hit £20m 4 day which is impressive. I was expecting a little higher though but let’s see how it performs over the weekend. Today should increase from OD

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

4m OD wouldn’t be bad. It still would likely hit £20m 4 day which is impressive. I was expecting a little higher though but let’s see how it performs over the weekend. Today should increase from OD

At the same time lets not forget the fact that we dont have any numbers for the od, the tweet didnt say anything particular the od may very well be 4 or 4,5 for all we know.

• Like 1