Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

I really liked TSoD, but the Wizarding World needs a new creative team and director now. Yates has done some great things, but it’s time for someone new.

So just because you want someone new, they should fire Yates from a franchise that is and Jo's baby? I can't understand that attitude. Waterston confirmed he's directing all five. That's it. 

4 minutes ago, MadGoose said:

So just because you want someone new, they should fire Yates from a franchise that is and Jo's baby? I can't understand that attitude. Waterston confirmed he's directing all five. That's it. 

That’s assuming there will be anymore after this. I’d say it’s unlikely at this point but we’ll have to see how this performs in more markets. 

I was more referring to future wizarding world projects though. But I do think a new team should have been brought in for FB but we’re three films deep now so, alas

There will be a 4 and 5. Not to mention they are building FB expansions at Orlando. And considering they appointed Tom Ascheim to oversee the Wizarding World expansion, it's a sign of WB's ambitions, and also smart for WB to keep Jo, the architect and creator of that world, happy if they want more, providing that she has any desire to do more after FB5.

There will not be 4 and 5.

Covid has fucked SoD in China and South Korea, but its drop in the UK has been absolutely staggering. 

Unless it somehow manages to hold well this weekend in the UK.

4 is a big if, but 5 an impossibility.

• Disbelief 1

Maybe we'll have one more just because Warner would not want Rowling angry (?)

But I'm sure we won't have 5 movies 

If they do one more, just give it to Yates.. everything is ruined 

But if we have more projects on the WW, I'm sure we won't have Yates anymore

And I'm happy that MEDIOCRE director won't do anything more with this incredible world

• Disbelief 1

17 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

FB3 has actually gone neck and neck with Sonic on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sad to see.

Lost City opened yesterday with around £500k

The drop in UK is staggering compared to the rest of Europe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Today has been GLORIOUS! I've been at a bbq at my sisters where they did a rotisserie chicken doner on a hog roaster 🤤

Lucky you! I hope the weather improves in Scotland soon. Although I’m going to Amsterdam next week and it’s looking pretty nice there too. 

42 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

53% drop for FB3 yesterday.

Sonic and Bad Guys both had a small increase week on week

Not too bad for FB3 considering the good weather and also the fact the first Friday was fan driven. That means over £1m Friday hopefully.

29 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Car park report 😂: we had to go to a Showcase because the Sonic showing got cancelled at Cineworld (technical hitch apparently, notified 24 hours in advance though). Car park was absolutely packed.

The weather isn’t nice here lol

RIP Scotland