Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Sonic just pipped FB3 to the top spot. 

FB had a decent hold (-40%), £16.5m total. Looks like it may just crawl to the £20m mark. Very poor result. 

In other news, the pound is currently plummeting against the dollar, nearly a 2 year low, so not good for OS BO unless the pound starts to strengthen.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

In other news, the pound is currently plummeting against the dollar, nearly a 2 year low, so not good for OS BO unless the pound starts to strengthen.

Pound is better as Japanese Yen is at 20 years low 😅

Edited by Issac Newton

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Sonic just pipped FB3 to the top spot. 

FB had a decent hold (-40%), £16.5m total. Looks like it may just crawl to the £20m mark. Very poor result. 

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Pound is better as Japanese Yen is at 20 years low 😅

Same for the Euro last time it was below $1.07 was in early 2003 and I think it's only going to get worse - considering the war is still going on and the EZB etc are doing nothing.

Looking at the grosses with Exchange rates between 2007 and 2013 (1.3-1.4 with almost 1.6 in 2008) that would be incredible.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:27 AM, Mr Roark said:

A new remaster of Avatar will be re-released again worldwide in September. I wonder if it will be able to bring its cume to £100M.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think we keep re-releases separate in the UK, so it might not get added.