3-CW Leicester Squ , Opp

4-Odeon Leicester Squ, Opp

5-CW Glasgow Renfrew , B

6-Vue Stratford, B

7-CW O2 Stratford ,B

8-Odeon Trafford, B

9-SC Bluewater, B

10-CW Dublin, B

I'm surprised Printworks didn't make the top 10 given that's an IMAX.

I think there could be sub-40% Monday drops incoming today, similar to what is being forecast domestically. Barbie looks basically as busy as the weekend at places I’m checking and the insane demand for Oppenheimer PLFs/IMAX will cushion it.

I think Barbie £3.5m+, Opp £2m+ 

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

I think there could be sub-40% Monday drops incoming today, similar to what is being forecast domestically. Barbie looks basically as busy as the weekend at places I’m checking and the insane demand for Oppenheimer PLFs/IMAX will cushion it.

I think Barbie £3.5m+, Opp £2m+ 

Think you'll be right on Barbie. Not so sure on Oppenheimer

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, TigerPaw said:

Tricky thing is that.. general audience (at least here in Asia) seems to have mixed feelings after watching Oppenheimer; some call it the best Nolan film, some said they walked out of the theater midway.

Yes, the initial WOM was very mixed but they improve over the weekend as people reset their expectation about what type of movie they are getting into. The result is less unintended target audience mess up the exit poll and WOM outside. 

Finally caught Barbie. Curzon Aldgate 17.30 screening 100% full.

The crowd ate it up (in a way that is quite rare for a UK crowd). I loved so many individual elements but I didn't quite love the meta sum of it all. Margot and Ryan are PERFECTION though. 

Let's see how Monday is but this feels like it's poised for a historic run.

This weekend will go down as one of my all time favourites to have tracked. Just good vibes all round.

• Like 2

hey... its been a few years since I followed box office. I used to have a sort of mental equation that £10m in UK box office is roughly equivalent to $100m domestic. is this still a representative equation ?

Edited by Avatree

24 minutes ago, Avatree said:

hey... its been a few years since I followed box office. I used to have a sort of mental equation that £10m in UK box office is roughly equivalent to $100m domestic. is this still a representative equation ?

Eyeballing the all-time charts for DOM and the UK and it's probably a little bit higher. Only 19 movies have made $500m DOM, whereas 46 movies have made £50m in the UK. Something like £12.5-15m UK ~ $100m DOM would be right.

Looking at 2023 only though, £10m ~ $100m seems more accurate, I guess relatively speaking the UK box office is performing worse than the domestic box office this year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Eyeballing the all-time charts for DOM and the UK and it's probably a little bit higher. Only 19 movies have made $500m DOM, whereas 46 movies have made £50m in the UK. Something like £12.5-15m UK ~ $100m DOM would be right.

Looking at 2023 only though, £10m ~ $100m seems more accurate, I guess relatively speaking the UK box office is performing worse than the domestic box office this year.

thanks!

Malta

Both De Cesare and Borg noted that Barbie had the biggest opening weekend since Spider-Man: No Way Home premiered back in 2021. 

Cinemas in Malta were pleasantly surprised over the weekend, with screenings for the new Barbie film sold out, as pretty-in-pink filmgoers filled their theatres to watch the anticipated blockbuster. 

Malta 2022

Rank Title Country Admissions
1 Minions: The Rise of Gru USA 32,795
2 Top Gun: Maverick USA 28,217
3 Jurassic World: Dominion USA 26,946
4 Avatar: The Way of Water USA 26,857
5 Uncharted USA 19,284
6 The Batman USA 18,177
7 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness USA 17,571
8 Thor: Love and Thunder USA 17,311
9 Spider-Man: No Way Home USA 17,076
10 Elvis USA 14,711
  • Like 1

Barbie seems It's gonna have a record breaking monday in 2023 in basically all the markets.

Probably the distribution  even kinda underrated Its potential (After all it's a non sequel- spin off- part of already big franchise etc..) so a lot of people didn't watch It in the weekend cause It was sold out are going today.

This Is encouraging for the next weekend, cause a lot of them probably can go again only in the weekend. 

15 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Malta 2022

Rank Title Country Admissions
1 Minions: The Rise of Gru USA 32,795
2 Top Gun: Maverick USA 28,217
3 Jurassic World: Dominion USA 26,946
4 Avatar: The Way of Water USA 26,857
5 Uncharted USA 19,284
6 The Batman USA 18,177
7 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness USA 17,571
8 Thor: Love and Thunder USA 17,311
9 Spider-Man: No Way Home USA 17,076
10 Elvis USA 14,711

Spiderman is here means is natural year ranking

6 hours ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

yeah me and @Krissykins had big fight over this. the real ratio is more like 7-8:1 but 10x works good enough. there are some genres which perform better in UK, some does better in US like Superheros.

• Like 1