Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

10 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

You were thinking correctly. Bullet Train next week, Nope the week after.

Yeh Friday the 12th I mean, so it’s the same week as the Get Out and Us showings. I got mixed up thinking it was the 19th. 

Weekend Numbers

1. Super-Pets - £2.6M

2. Minions 2 - £2M / £33.5m (-35.5%)

3. Thor: Love &Thunder - £1.9M / £30.8M (-38%)

4. Elvis - £1M / £20.9M (-10%)

5. Top Gun: Maverick - £980K / £76.1M (-10 %) 

6. Where The Crawdads Sing - £853K / £3.8M (-36.1%)

7. Prime Facie - £300K / £2.5M (-44.8%)

8. Jurassic World: Dominion - £287K / £34M (-34%)

9. Railway Children - £190K / £1.8M (-40%)

10. The Black Phone - £140K / £4.2M (-20.4%)

Misc.

LightYear - £90K / £10.1M (-59%)

• Like 7

A few films are having a great summer. Minions and Elvis are having a fantastic run. Thor is performing really well, especially compared to other markets, will overtake JWD.

TGM just passed TLK to enter the all time top 10!!!

Next bogey up is TITANIC at £80.3 (only £4.2 to go) and for good measure would be nice to pass the garbage of a movie called SW: TLJ £82.7 (£6.7 to go).

Edited by The Dark Alfred

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Lightyear becoming the sixteenth film of 2022 to pass £10m then.

I think there were 16 the whole of 2021 (well, May-Dec obviously).

Super Pets and Bullet Train will probably be the next two films to pass £10m. 

I wonder if Universal might move up Bros, it's currently being released in late October which is a month after the US release but the first week of October has no major releases would work for it. The only thing that might prevent moving it up is if Universal are planning to show it at the BFI Film Festival.

9 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Super Pets and Bullet Train will probably be the next two films to pass £10m. 

I wonder if Universal might move up Bros, it's currently being released in late October which is a month after the US release but the first week of October has no major releases would work for it. The only thing that might prevent moving it up is if Universal are planning to show it at the BFI Film Festival.

Yeh it’s annoying Bros has such a delay. Nope does too, so I’m hoping it’s not a new trend for Universal. 

26 minutes ago, goodgirl005 said:

omg but I'm not shocked cause their reviewers told people not to watch the movie. It's bombing there.

It’s certainly not “bombing”. It was a Wednesday start, schools are off and it’s a 15 rating. It’ll probably have a decent 5 day. Reviews are just mixed. 

Seeing it tonight, the showing is busy. 

6 minutes ago, goodgirl005 said:

Top Gun was a Wednesday start too. 

Top Gun is a 12A, so children can go, schools were in and it’s a sequel. Top Gun did huge everywhere not a reasonable comparison for Bullet Train lol. 

I wouldn’t worry about Bullet Train though, US previews looking like 4-5m and a $35m+ weekend, beating tracking. 

On 8/2/2022 at 8:49 AM, Krissykins said:

Yeh it’s annoying Bros has such a delay. Nope does too, so I’m hoping it’s not a new trend for Universal. 

Kind of similar to Get out which came out 17/03/17 here but 24/02/17 in the US. 

Another one that makes no sense to me is Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris which released on 15th July in the US, but comes out here on 30th September even though it seems like a very British film and despite being filmed in the UK, France and Hungary (France get it on 2nd November and Hungary on 6th October.