10. Dominion £137k -52.4% £34.3m

Totals:
Railway Children £2.2m

Black Phone £4.4m

Lightyear £10.2m

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

We’re having a heatwave here in Scotland, it’s amazing. I’m assuming it’s the same everywhere else? 

30 degrees where I am in Sheffield, Nope is looking disappointingly quiet tomorrow evening because of it. My evening IMAX showing only has about 30-40 pre-bookings and the 19:00 and 20:20 standard showings have about 20 in each.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

30 degrees where I am in Sheffield, Nope is looking disappointingly quiet tomorrow evening because of it. My evening IMAX showing only has about 30-40 pre-bookings and the 19:00 and 20:20 standard showings have about 20 in each.

Yeh, Nope looks quiet here too aside from the 19.00 regular screen. 

My local has blundered the evening showtimes to be honest. One of the peak evening showtimes is in a screen that holds 30 people. The 440 seated SuperScreen showing at 20.20 has sold 20 tickets. 

They should’ve ditched a daytime SS showing and moved it to 7pm. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'm in city of London today, its pure pain

Same here, thankfully where I'm working today and tomorrow has AC. 

But yeah Nope screening tomorrow and my one on Sat aren't looking too hot. Felt like they should have pushed the IMAX side of it more, especially because it's the real deal and not one of these IMAX Digital, IMAX Certified, Formatted for IMAX, Framed for IMAX things. 

6 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

yeah Nope is looking dead. the weather obviously won't help, but i think there's more to it than that

I can’t say I’m surprised. There doesn’t seem to be much hype here at all. I’ve seen the trailer play before quite a lot of films and I get the occasional IG ad, but I’d say the marketing has been pretty light. 

I’ve been actively avoiding it though I guess, in fear of spoilers. But you can imagine what my social media is usually like with targeted ads when a horror film is coming out 😂

Edited by Krissykins

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I can’t say I’m surprised. There doesn’t seem to be much hype here at all. I’ve seen the trailer play before quite a lot of films and I get the occasional IG ad, but I’d say the marketing has been pretty light. 

I’ve been actively avoiding it though I guess, in fear of spoilers. But you can imagine what my social media is usually like with targeted ads when a horror film is coming out 😂

Yeah it has been oddly quiet in terms of marketing for it, especially considering Get Out and Us did pretty well over here. I’ve seen the occasional bus advert, but that’s about it. I haven’t seen a single TV spot (although to be fair, the vast majority of my TV watching lately has been on streaming, so I wouldn’t have seen much anyway).

It makes the three week delay even more baffling, as it obviously didn’t help it.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1