Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Cineworld have a secret screening on Monday. 

Their website currently says “horror” but I don’t know if that’s just a mistake, as they don’t tend to have horror films as the secret screenings. Will find out on Monday. 

Odeon's doing the same thing. It's usually called Screen Unseen, this one is called Scream Unseen so definitely a horror. 

• Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

They already had an unlimited screening for that, that’s why I thought this was more likely to be something else?

Ah right, I didn’t realise. I saw that The Light had an advanced screening of it last week but must’ve missed the Cineworld listing.

It’s unlikely to be Smile though unfortunately as it’s been rated 18 and the Unlimited screening is down as a 15.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:31 AM, Heretic said:

Strange how TG is being reported as almost $100m, but due to falling ERs it’s actually been falling from a high of $96.4m to now $94.7m reported on BOM, despite seeing increases at the box office in the last two weeks. 

The pound is reaching new lows every week and it  is at its lowest point since 1985 (excluding the couple of days around the first March 2020 lockdown), at just £1/$1.16, down from almost $1.4 a year ago. With the economic outlook, I don’t think it’ll be recovering any time soon and I wouldn’t be surprised if it got close to parity. Sad, as it’s almost impossible for a film to reach $100m now, and even $50m would be difficult whereas previously it was a fairly standard target.

Shows how huge of an impact ERs actually have on the international box office, especially in a time when most currencies are depreciating relative to the dollar.

Do you have any idea of how many admissions TGM has made in the Uk until now?
Thanks in advance!!

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Given the Cineworld one is a public screening, I'd say it's See How They Run

Ah that wouldn’t fit in with Odeon calling it “Scream Unseen”, I think that’s usually for horror. Unless they’re both just showing a different film of course. 

8 hours ago, setna said:

Do you have any idea of how many admissions TGM has made in the Uk until now?
Thanks in advance!!

Unfortunately not, there is no public source of information for admissions data in the UK. It sucks. There might be someone else in thread that knows, like Phillip or Alfred perhaps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

So how crazy is everybody's local looking today? Every single screeching at mine today is at least half full. 

The kids films are rammed. DC Pets has several sell outs. 

Orphan First Kill has sold out its sole 22.15 showing lol. Nope is busy too.

Unfortunately, “Fall” is very quiet (film is fantastic. Families are dominating for sure. 

Edited by Krissykins

54 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The kids films are rammed. DC Pets has several sell outs. 

Orphan First Kill has sold out its sole 22.15 showing lol. Nope is busy too.

Unfortunately, “Fall” is very quiet (film is fantastic. Families are dominating for sure. 

They've had to add a second screening of Orphan at the same time here as well, both after 10pm, the second screen they added was the biggest non IMAX we have, last night it was well over 60% full after one day

• Astonished 1

13 hours ago, Heretic said:

Unfortunately not, there is no public source of information for admissions data in the UK. It sucks. There might be someone else in thread that knows, like Phillip or Alfred perhaps. 

Yeah, such a shame, but htanks anyway!