Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

£70m looks almost certain, £75m looks possible, £80m remains to be seen depending on later legs. Top Gun Maverick’s £83.3m looks a bit too difficult to match right now for no.1 crown of the year. 

In terms of all time rankings, topping Lion King’s £76m would place A2 11th of all time. Titanic’s £80.3m required for 10th of all time. 

For $100m with current ER’s, £82.7m is required. So currently a total around $90m looking more likely.

• Like 4

On 12/19/2022 at 8:03 PM, Legion in Boots said:

Most things things that should be done for this have ended up not being done so I will take this as under 70 ;) 

On 12/19/2022 at 8:04 PM, Legion in Boots said:

More seriously, I will go for 54-62

On 12/19/2022 at 8:27 PM, Heretic said:

I don’t see this getting to £70m.

£55m is max I see but obviously can’t tell which trajectory this is on until we see weekdays and Christmas legs. Next weekend though will likely drop 60% plus due to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

ram-charan-rrr-movie.gif

11 minutes ago, Bruce said:

This should told everyone,never bet against James Cameron

The number will more and more clear when time move on ,we will see

I won't say it's Cameron factor, just that a film without fan rush in pre holidays. 70m was almost a lock with that 11.8+ opening (12.25 without World Cup final proly) e.g. Jumanji 2 did like 36M of 5.2M FSS

That said 70m is pretty ordinary. Gotta do 80-90M to be somewhat face saving.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I won't say it's Cameron factor, just that a film without fan rush in pre holidays. 70m was a lock with that 11+ opening.

That said 70m is pretty ordinary. Gotta do 80-90M to be face saving.

we will be more clear after 20 days,just wait like I said when Opening weekend came out

Edited by Bruce

39 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Cameron, the true master of making films people aren’t that excited to show up for but get around to eventually

Again, it's hard to shake the notion here that the biggest contributing factor right now is there are literally no other options. It has another week to go with absolutely nothing even resembling competition outside of a niche biopic and films that have been out nearly two months. From the 12th December (three weeks after Matilda release and a month after BP2 release) to 6th January (Otto) EVERYONE going to the cinema will end up seeing Avatar by default.

Heck, one could argue no truly mainstream film other than Avatar has come out between Matilda on 25th November and Puss & Knock on the Cabin on February 3rd. It is astonishing convergence of totally free real estate for Avatar 2. Is it genius, luck or fear in competitors? Difficult to say.

I've never known anything like it. Maybe, maybe when Bond comes out it's like this in some cinemas but even then other films are actually coming out, just not being given many screenings.

Biggest 3rd Weekend in UK
1 Skyfall £10,447,385
2 Star Wars The Force Awaken £10,304,562
3 No time to Die £8,404,165
4 Star Wars:The Last Jedi £7,975,174
5 Spectre £7,833,891
6 Beauty an Beast £6,750,000
7 The Lord of the Rings:The Return of the King £6,496,723

8 Spiderman:No way home £6,055,345
9 The Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship of the ring £5,967,910
10 Avatar £5,940,479

Let’s see where will Avatar 2 land