Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

GOTT IM HIMMEL. 

It might INCREASE today? This is getting out of hand :mellow: 

Also I ticked off 1/3 IMAX London sites today, Empire LS and it was absolutely incredible. First time I'd done the Laser 3D thing and I wasn't expecting to get so blown away by it. Normally I avoid 3D but I was genuinely so impressed. Incredible picture quality, no colour loss etc... 

Edited by Dan9
  • Like 2

Just now, m3racer123 said:

I assume the other two are the BFI Waterloo IMAX and the Science Museum (the only cinema in Europe projecting in IMAX 15/70)?

Yes, I'll be hitting those two in the next week :) After that it'll probably start to feel wrong watching it in a non-IMAX format... ah well, it's not often there's a movie event like this, RIP MONEY. 

36 minutes ago, Dan9 said:

Yes, I'll be hitting those two in the next week :) After that it'll probably start to feel wrong watching it in a non-IMAX format... ah well, it's not often there's a movie event like this, RIP MONEY. 

You make me jealous - I'll be seeing it for the first (and probably only) time on a standard 2D screen tomorrow. Still, I'm relatively happy because my screening was upgraded from a smaller screen to the biggest 2D screen in the multiplex :)

If I REALLY REALLY like it I might try and persuade my family to go to the Science Museum (a 130 mile trip each way) for the 15/70 presentation. I've never been to an IMAX cinema before, but I think everything shot with IMAX cameras looks gorgeous on Blu-Ray. I can only imagine what it looks like projected on a huge screen from the high-res IMAX 70mm film stock!