The Panda

BOT's Top Comic Book Movies of All Time! - WE’RE IN THE ENDGAME NOW

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Honestly TWS making the top 5 surprises me a bit. I feel like it's been overshadowed by more recent MCU stuff.

To be fair, captainwondyful probably used some black magic to put it in the top 5 to fulfill her Evans thirst

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Honestly TWS making the top 5 surprises me a bit. I feel like it's been overshadowed by more recent MCU stuff.

I'm like:

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

200.gif

ETA:

3 minutes ago, Eric! said:

To be fair, captainwondyful probably used some black magic to put it in the top 5 to fulfill her Evans thirst

f6a353fcd495af053f38bf7bbedcd878.gif

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric! said:

Memes are keeping that film fresh. It'll be fine.

Memes won't exactly cut it, lol.  I'm not saying that it's going to suddenly start coming in 30th in half dozen years or anything, but TMP was celebrating it coming in above all MCU. Betting on that to continue indefinitely would be pretty unwise if you just look pragmatically at the fact that people vote for movies they have an emotional connection with, people usually have stronger emotional connections with movies they've watched in theaters, and the 10-15 years that separate SM2 from the MCU best.       

The MCU generation is still coming into our ascendance. People might not want to think about movies from the 90s and early aughts becoming Superman/Batman level "old person movies," but it will arrive all the same.

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Memes won't exactly cut it, lol.  I'm not saying that it's going to suddenly start coming in 30th in half dozen years or anything, but TMP was celebrating it coming in above all MCU. Betting on that to continue indefinitely would be pretty unwise if you just look pragmatically at the fact that people vote for movies they have an emotional connection with, people usually have stronger emotional connections with movies they've watched in theaters, and the 10-15 years that separate SM2 from the MCU best.       

As has been pointed out by numerous people in this thread, a lot of the MCU votes tend to cannibalize each other. Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2 will both remain as standouts of non-MCU fare for a long time to come.

Consciously or unconsciously, people have a habit of comparing MCU to MCU and non-MCU to non-MCU.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kitik said:

As has been pointed out by numerous people in this thread, a lot of the MCU votes tend to cannibalize each other. Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2 will both remain as standouts of non-MCU fare for a long time to come.

Consciously or unconsciously, people have a habit of comparing MCU to MCU and non-MCU to non-MCU.

A totally true dynamic — but even with that, IW and SM2 received exactly the same amount of votes. When the balance shifts just a bit more to MCU, which is a generational inevitability, they’ll be reliably putting up finishes above SM2/TDK/Spiderverse even with the diffusion issue.

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

A totally true dynamic — but even with that, IW and SM2 received exactly the same amount of votes. When the balance shifts just a bit more to MCU, which is a generational inevitability, they’ll be reliably putting up finishes above SM2/TDK/Spiderverse even with the diffusion issue.

Alternatively, someone like me or @MrPink will remember to vote for the next CBM countdown and we will correctly place SM2 far above Infinity War.

(Although it is far more likely that we both forget again...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Alternatively, someone like me or @MrPink will remember to vote for the next CBM countdown and we will correctly place SM2 far above Infinity War.

Or I actually submit a list and place SM2 in first :sparta: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I did not vote in this list, mostly because I simply cannot rank how much I love 50 different movies or whatever.

But I'm more than happy to criticize other people's votes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2