sfran43

Monday Numbers: IT Chapter Two $5.51M Estimate

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Again, when BP2 drops considerably from BP1 what will this board do... panic. Without actually being logical and unemotional in the assessment

I fully expect chaos, the sky is falling, decrees that the CBM fatigue has finally set in and maybe a suicide watch or two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

@Thanos Legion its a losing argument with some sectors on this board. They will never back down and you arent wrong. 🤷‍♂️ 

I can definitely get dragged into it too far with people that it’s probably better to leave things be... but I think Lorddemaxus and Real Lyre are pretty reasonable posters from what I recall, so I just wanted to be clear on what my actual positions are here. I don’t want It to do bad. I don’t think it’s doing bad.      

It’s not lighting the world on fire like the first one did and some people hoped this one would, but that’s A okay. Most successful movies are successful without lighting the world on fire. Most sequels to movies that hugely broke out have  more restrained performances.

• Like 1

That's a really, really steep drop. A first Monday drop around that of It and The Nun would have meant around $6.3M (69% drop).

Now that being said, we're seeing even more emphasis on Tuesdays this year, as if Tueadays are becoming an extension of the weekend, so I'm preparing for a huge Tuesday increase. If that doesn't happen then we can safely say this is probably not going to have great legs. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JB33 said:

That's a really, really steep drop. A first Monday drop around that of It and The Nun would have meant around $6.3M (69% drop).

Now that being said, we're seeing even more emphasis on Tuesdays this year, as if Tueadays are becoming an extension of the weekend, so I'm preparing for a huge Tuesday increase. If that doesn't happen then we can safely say this is probably not going to have great legs. 

Good point. It's still pretty early. 

I also wonder how much the Friday the 13th factor will help buffer the weekend. 

11 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

:ohmygod:   

Actually I think WOM is fine and that’s a bad tweet. Monday is down more than the weekend because the runtime depresses weekday gross imo.

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

It 2 as a R-Rated horror film with a 3 hour runtime will cross 100M DOM after 5 Days.

Yeh people need to take a step back sometimes. Still huge numbers for the genre. Urgh

36 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

I’m so glad I unfollowed them. Their personal bias always gets in the way. 

People get WOM and natural fan rush mixed up. They always have. 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1