cookie

Cookie Does Requests or Whatever (Cookie's Corner Y6) - Unlike Garfield, this thread doesn't hate Mondays

So before I continue with today's reviews, as the request phase has proceeded faster than I anticipated I am hereby announcing a

BONUS ROUND

This round is only open to players who've made requests in the previous round:

@Spaghetti @SLAM! @YourMother the Edgelord @4815162342 @Blankments @Reddroast @Xillix @Ethan Hunt

You have until Sunday at 23:59 Pacific (Monday 9:00 CET) to make ONE additional request. Only rule is that your request cannot be a film you personally wrote.

Also, these requests will not be carried out in a specific order, rather I'm picking based on what I feel like reading at the time.

Please quote this so I don't miss your post.

Edited by cookie
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, cookie said:

So before I continue with today's reviews, as the request phase has proceeded faster than I anticipated I am hereby announcing a

BONUS ROUND

@Spaghetti @SLAM! @YourMother the Edgelord @4815162342 @Blankments @Reddroast @Xillix @Ethan Hunt

You have until Sunday at 23:59 Pacific (Monday 9:00 CET) to make ONE additional request. Only rule is that your request cannot be a film you personally wrote.

Also, these requests will not be carried out in a specific order, rather I'm picking based on what I feel like reading at the time.

Facepaint

27 minutes ago, cookie said:

BONUS ROUND

Green Arrow

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cookie said:

BONUS ROUND

Bleach

• Like 2

Elizabeth tells [John] he needs to bring a plus one, and since he’s a fairly attractive man in his mid 30s, that shouldn’t be too hard. John, not knowing what to say, asks Elizabeth to be the plus one. Elizabeth just stares at him and throws his coffee at him. John shrieks and Elizabeth says next time he wants to make bad jokes to her, don’t arrive an hour late in a He-Man shirt.

Won’t lie, this part really made me laugh out loud.

• Haha 2

John mutters that websites don’t have covers and Elizabeth raises her coffee as if she’s gonna throw it at him. John immediately ducks behind an office chair as Elizabeth laughs, calling him cute.

Okay, this movie is starting to take workplace abuse a bit too lightly.

Edited by cookie

Plus One

While it falls into some romantic comedy pitfalls and some of the comedy itself are a bit hit-and-miss, it coasts by long enough on the surprising chemistry between Driver and Thompson that it makes not just for a good date movie, but an overall entertaining romp.

B

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1