filmlover

Golden Globe Nominations 2019

7 minutes ago, LegionofDoom said:

It will be best song. Best animated movie is likely TS4. I hope Globes members are stupid enough and they make Frozen 2 win. 

As long as Frozen 2 gets at least one I'm okay. I loved Toy Story 4 anyway, it was great so I couldn't complain :)

Edited by Fullbuster

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

But for Director too?

Course not. BP was nominated for best picture at various big awards shows due to the pressure from past "Oscars so white" scandals, and the movie was just too big to ignore in that context. But make no mistake, it was a token nominee and the lack of nominations in any other main category (hell, even stuff like cinematography or editing, which are the more important technical nods) showed that. Joker is hardly a masterpiece, so it's not great that the two movies in the genre with huge recognition would seem to be Black Panther and Joker, when Logan and TDK were ignored, but there we are. It is what it is, no awards show will ever please everyone.

• Like 1

quick predicts

Drama: Irishman

Comedy: Hollywood

Director: Tarantino

Drama Actor: Joaquin Phoenix

Drama Actress: Renee Zellweger

Comedy Actor: Leo DiCaprio

Comedy Actress: Ana de Armas

Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt

Supporting Actress: Laura Dern

Screenplay: Parasite

Score: 1917

Song: Cats

Animated: Toy Story

Foreign: Parasite

Knives Out = good. Hope Ana wins. But where is Rian for best screenplay. 🧐

As for Song: “Love Me Again” is clearly the banger Of the year!

@filmlover LMFAO at our fave getting a Best Comedy Series nomination.  😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Jenifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon got nominated for a critically panned show

Even though nobody actually cares about The Morning Show I don't think anyone should be surprised that they went for it. It was one of the buzziest shows all year long plus do you really think they were gonna pass up the opportunity to ensure both Aniston and Witherspoon would attend the ceremony? They would never lmao.

Edited by filmlover
  • Thanks 1

Just now, grim22 said:

Is it critically panned though? 63% is favorable ratings. Apple ran a big campaign and the actresses are big names.

ok, it looks like the ratings improved since the first reviews came out lol

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Jenifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon got nominated for a critically panned show

I really wouldn’t read that much into it. It’s the Golden Globes. How famous you are matters more than anything else. 

6 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

@filmlover LMFAO at our fave getting a Best Comedy Series nomination.  😂😂😂

Ryan Murphy is gonna be dominating both the film and TV sides of this show next year between The Prom, Hollywood, Ratched, and that Impeachment season of American Crime Story. I know you're ready.

• Astonished 1