filmlover

Golden Globe Nominations 2019

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

problem with SAG is that it's SAG-AFRA (sp?) so overlap with AMPAS isn't as good as it used to be. Means their picks are not shoo-in for wins unlike before AFRA merge.

SAG-AFTRA, in case you were wondering.

Variety says that due to the Oscar's preferential balloting system, he could still have a chance there. Either way, whatever.

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

best director at the oscars will be this line-up minus phillips. i guess the last spot will be either baumbach or gerwig depending on how much the oscars don't want people to get mad at them.

Honestly I feel QT will be snubbed in the end at Oscar. he was snubbed for DU.

Like last year, everyone thought bradley cooper was locked for directing nomination, he got CC, GG, DGA and BAFTA only to be replaced by Pawel In the end. ( i love that surprise, Cold war is a better made film than ASIB)   

Clearly oscar like more stylish, more flavor direction than straight-forward drama (that is why ASIB & GB & three billboard was snubbed). 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I'm sceptical of Joker Adapted Script nom because I remember that BP was expected to get in there and it didn't. So possible genre bias do its work. 

@Jay Beezy AFTRA. Thanks. :)

It is funny that most of the critics have problem with Joker's screenplay but they still going for it in CC's nomination. 

Just now, Curtis1986 said:

When they see us was 

Maybe good (though obviously that is always subjective) but probably not popular enough with this group. That's why I mentioned both options. Don't forget, the HFPA consists of 90 members. The fact that it has a lot of glamour around it obscures the fact that it is quite an insignificant award as far as recognition from inside the industry goes. Wanting certain stars/projects highlighted is what the HFPA does. Don't read too much into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

It is funny that most of the critics have problem with Joker's screenplay but they still going for it in CC's nomination. 

critics don't know what they want. I guss now that it's obivous they couldn't sink the movie for it became worldwide phenomenon, they cut it some slack. 

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

best director at the oscars will be this line-up minus phillips. i guess the last spot will be either baumbach or gerwig depending on how much the oscars don't want people to get mad at them.

I can also see a Pedro Almodovar upset. he's well regarded by the academy and was nominated before in director, (he also won screenplay in 2002). 

9 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

It's gonna be Gerwig replacing someone who isn't Scorsese IMO. I'm not convinced any of the other four are safe and think Tarantino could be the snub. This is a wild year.

• Like 1