DeeCee

TV General Discussion Thread | New Shows | Cancelled Shows | Ratings | Network Shows | Cable Shows | Streaming Shows

5 hours ago, George Parr said:

I take it rating Chernobyl as "3.6/5, not great, not terrible" has played itself to death already? :P

Been a while since I watched it, but would it not be: 3.6/3.6, not great, not terrible,  instead  ?

Edited by Barnack

On 10/1/2019 at 6:37 AM, DAR said:

Season 5 of Peaky Blinders comes out Friday. If you haven’t please do, each season is six episodes.  Worth you’re time

Hi, you are talking about Season 5 of Peaky Blinders. you are right about sessions that has six episodes in each.

The Super Red Supergiant Star - UY Scuti , 1708 ± 192 Solar Radii, the biggest known star in the Universe UY Scuti

Edited by bestwork1989

I am a fan of the Walking Dead and I already knew that I would watch Walking Dead: World Beyond. And in short, I didn't like it. I do not know what audience the series "The Walking Dead: The World Beyond" is intended for, but it is clear that fans of the franchise will rush to watch this suffering teenage drama. I'll watch the sequel, because there were rumors about the appearance of Rick, but I don't really believe in this either.

Finished Heartstopper this morning. Twenty-five minutes is a perfect running time for a episode I think. You can binge it all in a few hours. It's actually only about 3.5 hrs total . Bit more than a movie so you can flesh things out . It's fine the way it ends so if that's it then that's okay too . 

6 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

My new show! Coming soon, each episode airs first on Disney Channel and then shortly thereafter on D+. 

I see the people behind this are the same people that did Lab Rats. Man I loved that show. Hopefully this is as good. I wonder how shortly after the eps will appear on Disney+.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, poweranimals said:

I see the people behind this are the same people that did Lab Rats. Man I loved that show. Hopefully this is as good. I wonder how shortly after the eps will appear on Disney+.

I’m biased but I think it’s gonna be a lot of fun for people. I believe episodes drop on D+ the week after they air on DC, but there will be several episodes landing on D+ at the initial start. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Dang, how much more expensive can YT TV even get? 

Considering that the alleged sticking point between Apple and the NFL was Apple not wanting to charge for Sunday Ticket or not that much... quite a bit, I suspect.

(or they'll make it an optional package like it currently is)

NB:

Apparently, according to Puck News at least [via the link above], Apple dropped out of negotiations altogether, which is apparently what is giving YT TV the opening here.

I have been watching quite a bit of the National Geographic section of Disney Plus. sme really good stuff there.

I wonder how many people who subscribe to streaming services ever venture beyond the "Hot" new series and geek oriented stuff to see what they have to offer.

Apple TV announced Jan. 24th, 2024 as the premier of "Masters Of The Air" the Spielberg/Hanks produced series about the 8th Air Force bombing  campaing against Nazi Germany. It is he sucessor to "Band Of Brothers" and "The Pacific", and hung fire at HBO for years until Apple picked it up. I will subscirbe to Apple for this show .

Has anyone else watched Masters of the Air? Cause I've finished it and my reaction was:

Fine Its Fine GIF - Fine Its Fine Tea GIFs

Definitely the weakest of the Spielberg/Hanks war miniseries trilogy after the masterful Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

Fellow Travelers and Lessons in Chemistry are still probably my favorite programs so far in this Limited Emmy cycle. Trying to decide what to watch next. Maybe Shogun since it'll be ending in a few weeks.