RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

I thought this movie was releasing on valentines day so that Sony would try to make women come watch this with their boyfriends but Sonys actually marketing this towards the lonely gooners who don't have a date that night (I guess now they do, with 4 women at the same time).

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I thought this movie was releasing on valentines day so that Sony would try to make women come watch this with their boyfriends but Sonys actually marketing this towards the lonely gooners who don't have a date that night (I guess now they do, with 4 women at the same time).

Movies are nothing if not tools for gooners to live vicariously through. I think Scorsese said that once

• Like 2

I will say Ezekiel Simms costume makes much more sense if it was designed with Garfield's Spider-Man in mind but it's still bad. But it's much closer to the design aesthetic of those suits.

Edited by SpiderByte

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Me and the boys showing up to Madame Web on Valentine’s Day (we all don’t have any dates):

cover1.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Smarter move if we’re being honest, this movie is DOA with the female audience. 

Anyways, screaming at them using the exact same pic of DJ for different bad photoshop posters 

Allegedly how can they remove Uncle Ben when they also have pregnant alleged Mary Parker? I mean yeah they can just reshoot it to be generic people but it doesn't make sense. It's not like Spidey timelines actually always make sense or that they would care about that if was a potential money making factor which they had under their control. I'm well aware it's not the first time this may have been done late in the game though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

It's apparently because he may not longer be Uncle Ben.

Yeah I have to call BS on this. The whole Emma Roberts Mary Parker plot doesn't make sense if they remove every reference to the Parkers or Spider-Man. And seeing how the film is confirmed to be almost 2 hours long, doesn't seem like a lot was edited out.

Also, a TASM prequel would require this to be set in the mid 90s at least (which doesn't look to be the case? You'd think the trailers would make that part more apparent if it were true) 

12 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

It's apparently because he may not longer be Uncle Ben.

This is hilariously incompetent if true. Sony just keeps on surprising with these. I'm pretty sure these films are actively hurting all other CBMs too, incredible.

I'm very curious about this movie for all the wrong reasons.

Sony should just continue three separate Spidey timelines of films with the NWH trio and forget all these ridiculous spin offs. Those would be guaranteed hits, even if they screw them up (which they probably would). Although TASM3 has nowhere to go but up and could actually be some redemption for that franchise.