RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

50 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

17.1m views on Netflix in its first 10 days lol

It sold terrible on PVOD and is only okay on disk.  So many people have not seen it.

They already probably have the service, and it is something to watch.  Might as well see what all the negative hype is about.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

So is that a lot or a little?

And unrelated but I remember people used Netflix to justify how Morbius somehow made a profit haha (it didn't)

It seems weak? For instance, just 4 episodes of Bridgerton Season 3 got 45 million+ views in just a week! Even the Brooke Shields movie seems to be beating Madame Web's ass.

Edited by Spidey Freak

49 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It seems weak? For instance, just 4 episodes of Bridgerton Season 3 got 45 million+ views in just a week! Even the Brooke Shields movie seems to be beating Madame Web's ass.

Unfortunately it's quite good for a non-netflix original film.

On 5/31/2024 at 9:23 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Remember Madame Web is only available in one country under the Sony deal. 

It’s the same as Anyone But You numbers for week 1 & 2.

On 5/30/2024 at 7:43 AM, Human said:

It sold terrible on PVOD and is only okay on disk.  So many people have not seen it.

They already probably have the service, and it is something to watch.  Might as well see what all the negative hype is about.

This. They have Netflix already, so it costs them nothing extra to watch it.

It is amusing to see some people try to prove that a big bomb was not realy a bomb.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mad Max007 said:

This video kind of explains how movies that bomb at the box office do so well on Netflix. For people who would watch any Netflix film, Madame Web is like NWH or Spider-Man 2 lol.

You are already paying the Netflix fees, so miicht as well give films like Madame Web a try. If you don;t like it you can just stop watchin it and not lose any money. 

Netfix needs to fill air time, so you see a lot of crappy movies on Netflix. But I doubt many people subscribed to Netfliz to specifically watch 'Madame Web.

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

This. They have Netflix already, so it costs them nothing extra to watch it.

It is amusing to see some people try to prove that a big bomb was not realy a bomb.

No one is trying to say this doing well on Netflix means it wasn’t a box office bomb. 

It’s an overall deal Sony have with Netflix I believe, not per film. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MightyDargon said:

It had decent views on its opening weekend but collapsed from the Netflix top 10 pretty quickly. Already gone now.

We all know Netflix didn't sign the Sony deal for flushed turds like that anyway.

I think it is a case with this multifilm deals is if you want the good films, you also have to take the turds

On 6/4/2024 at 2:49 PM, Napoleon said:

I don't think Netflix cares about quality, what matters is the viewership

You can say that, n the final anylysis, about every single major company in television.

Anyway, the thing about package deals is that you take the good product along with the bad product.

Part of this is quality is highly subjective.  Outside of the internet I always hear that Big Bang Theory is one of the best sitcoms.  On the internet they say it is the most hated show in the world.  As long as some people really like it then netflix is happy, as they want to keep the service that lets them easily rewatch the movies they like.  Get enough movies with different fanbases, and now you have a large base of loyal customers.

2 hours ago, Human said:

Part of this is quality is highly subjective.  Outside of the internet I always hear that Big Bang Theory is one of the best sitcoms.  On the internet they say it is the most hated show in the world.  As long as some people really like it then netflix is happy, as they want to keep the service that lets them easily rewatch the movies they like.  Get enough movies with different fanbases, and now you have a large base of loyal customers.

this movie is almost so bad its good , it became a cult classic in theaters!!! , have not seen that in the modern era , its rare for a major studio

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

this movie is almost so bad its good , it became a cult classic in theaters!!! , have not seen that in the modern era , its rare for a major studio

Nah, it's so bad, it's just bad.  I just watched it and out my review in the weekdays thread.

And yes, I watched it b/c it was there, and I felt like continuing to be a superhero completionist...it was definitely the worst superhero movie Sony has ever put out...

On 6/4/2024 at 5:06 PM, MightyDargon said:

It had decent views on its opening weekend but collapsed from the Netflix top 10 pretty quickly. Already gone now.

We all know Netflix didn't sign the Sony deal for flushed turds like that anyway.

It did 3 weeks in the top 10, which isn’t bad for a US only Netflix film tbh. Anyone But You was 2 weeks, for comparison. 

• Like 1