The Wild Eric

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I bet by the time MCU F4 nears its release, the internet will start claiming Tim Story F4 movies were some misunderstood masterpieces. 🤣

Can’t wait for Chris evans and Michael B Jordan to star in Fantastic Way Home, coming to theaters 2028

• Thanks 1

Despite my disappointment in general, this does seem like it’ll be yuge. I’m curious on how far it will go OW-wise, especially considering the fact that Marcus Cinemas in my state which is the biggest chain there is doing actual matinees. Any box office trackers have anyone seen something similar to that on your end?

19 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I never got the impression people hate Cameron on this forum. Many can take or leave Avatar, but that's different.

I would agree. The only hate thrown at him is indirect, more at his fans or at least cinephiles who adopt him as the gallant auteur hero against Evil Disney or something despite his many blockbuster successes (last time Cameron had to work with a small budget, Ronald Reagan was still President.) Nevermind that Cameron has been in bed business-wise with Disney for years (even before the Fox merger) because of that Avatar theme park. Nevermind that when cinephiles got mad about Endgame briefly being the #1 box office hit ever, they were upset about a Disney-owned movie outgrossing another Disney-owned movie. 

I respect Cameron as a filmmaker. One of the first directors I became aware of as a kid by name, a blockbuster titan who's largest accomplishments based mostly on his name and not IP becomes increasingly more impressive as time passes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I bet by the time MCU F4 nears its release, the internet will start claiming Tim Story F4 movies were some misunderstood masterpieces. 🤣

That sort of sentiment is out there already, not massive but try digging and you'll find it. Mostly from 2000s kids marked by nostalgia. You'll get some tryhards jump that band wagon when the new film approaches, same way you had people arguing that Snake Eyes would be better than Shang-Chi because....something. (Yeah who wants to admit that now?)

Though to be fair, and it was Scott Mendelson (of all people) who made the good point that those FF films were primordial MCU films in approach if one thinks about it the same way that those early X-Men and Spider-Man films in retrospect wrote the MCU tonal playbook. Execution is a whole other thing of course with those FF movies, but he might be onto something. 

(I watched the 2nd one on Disney Plus last year, having avoided it in theaters with glorious purpose. Some good castings wasted. The core weaklink is the bland Alba, and because she's the star/producer they tried to focus on her as the default lead and...there's a reason why she flamed out as a movie star. Fox's penny pinching handcuffs them big time despite a plot adapting the classic Galactus/Silver Surfer storyline, thus Dr. Doom (a botched casting, without any of his nation-ruling goofy narcissistic charm) becames the default baddy. I did enjoy that gag though of the FF booking an airflight and Storm decides to fly and beat them to their destination with Evans being a dick to Chiklis as he flies by.)

6 hours ago, Noctis said:

I think I speak for most here, but my God:

MARVEL. PLEASE. HIRE. GOOD. CINEMATOGRAPHERS. 

These movies are so unbelievably bland visually it's insane. Very few creative camera work and piss poor lighting/mood. 

36 minutes ago, RRA said:

Hey what if they hired the Oscar winning DP of Titanic, one of the highest grossing movies in history? Hey what if for the sequel, they hired the man who lensed the stylish Michael Mann classic Heat? 

Congrats, you have the Ant-Man franchise. 

More like hire good directors, but most of them are not interested in MCU/DCEU because they have zero control here. And Venom 2, believe it or not, was shot by no other than Robert Richardson, I don't think anyone could tell or even assume that looking at the result, it's by far his worst work. DP is as good as movie director he works with and most directors in MCU are just studio tools who have no vision or talent to do something interesting/remarkable, they just take orders. Hiring top notch cinematographer won't change anything as long as it's directed by someone like Watts or Serkis.

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Big problem is the plot point from the 1st trailer that causes all the mayhem. Sounds too ridiculous for something that could break the multiverse. It seems to frivolous. I have a feeling this will have mixed reviews. 

Most people will see this for you know who, as long as the explanation is at least decent it will be fine from the audiences.If the spell is the only reason , i agree that it sounds weird but i doubt that thats the case, loki and wand also played a big part in it.

Just now, Deep Wang said:

I can't believe we are getting Spider-Man 3 Part 2.

An overstuffed mess right down to the big climactic fight with a bunch of Supers at a construction site, including Sandman and maybe even [REDACTED].

Have you seen the movie yet ? i mean it could be really a hot mess but is it really fair to judge a whole movie at this point right now ? i disagree, though the possibility of this being bad are fair like in every big movie.

• Like 2

If i had to guess the reason the multiverse went down is almost certainly bc of what happened in loki,though idk if they are gonna reference  that in this movie , bc doctor strange probably hasnt an idea about that...anyways personally i see this movie as a part 1 of 2 , the last part is MoM.MoM will probably elaborate a lot more.

2 minutes ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

This is the mcu so its ok marvel studios can do no wrong

They certainly can and they will, will it be with this movie ? we will find out in about a month i can see it turn out both ways honestly.

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1