Eric Prime

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Just now, Menor said:

Rewatched a lot of clips from the TASM movies as I don't have time to rewatch in full. TASM2 may have its issues but the very last scene feels awesome, really exemplifies the power of the character. 

The 2 TASM movies have alot of GREAT individual scenes like if a person was just to watch popular clips of the movie on youtube and say "this looks like the best spider-man movie" I wouldn't necessary blame them

98% rt

excellent runtime

this is now the best superhero film ever made. I think black panther is next followed by Thor ragnarok and dark knight / Batman begins are next and then Wonder Woman. 

Ranking as follows

1. Spider-Man no way home

2. Black panther 

3 Thor ragnarok

4. The dark knight

5. Batman begins. 
6 Wonder Woman 

7 The avengers 

Edited by Halba
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

The 2 TASM movies have alot of GREAT individual scenes like if a person was just to watch popular clips of the movie on youtube and say "this looks like the best spider-man movie" I wouldn't necessary blame them

I think TASM does some things the best of any Spider-Man film, the romance being the main one, but also the swinging scenes in both films are great, and Horner's score for the first is probably my favorite of the series. Also Flash is done quite well in the film. Just a few narrative choices and things that don't quite cohere for the first one prevent it from being higher in my rankings. 

Edited by Menor

The TASM movies feel so manufactured and focus group tested. They were pretty much only made because Sony didn’t want to lose the rights to the franchise. There wasn’t really much of a sense of a creative voice. They were just chasing trends. 

With that said, the Andrew Garfield movies aren’t completely without merit. They’re by no means in the same boat as something like Fant4stic. 

17 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

one more rotten reviews:

"There's no attempt to hide that the film is pure fan service, a greatest-hits mashup of Spider-Man's cinematic legacy."

Great, we need that. 

Isn't that essentially a positive review though. Isn't that what everyone wants?

34 minutes ago, Halba said:

98% rt

excellent runtime

this is now the best superhero film ever made. I think black panther is next followed by Thor ragnarok and dark knight / Batman begins are next and then Wonder Woman. 

Ranking as follows

1. Spider-Man no way home

2. Black panther 

3 Thor ragnarok

4. The dark knight

5. Batman begins. 
6 Wonder Woman 

7 The avengers 

I'm surprised you didn't love the Snyder Cut with it's 4 hour long runtime