kayumanggi

DHD Friday (03.23) 68.25 M | THE HUNGER GAMES (Crow-serving on-going :))

FRIDAY 11 PM, 6TH UPDATE… EXCLUSIVE: My sources tonight say The Hunger Games is looking to open with $66 million for Friday box office in the U.S. and Canada including the record $19.75M in midnight shows. That puts its 3-day North American weekend gross around $138M. “The West Coast and late shows still need to come in, so this number could bounce around a bit. But, nevertheless it’s everything we thought it to be,” one rival studio exec tells me. This is the biggest movie start ever for Lionsgate, which now can count on a blockbuster bonanza for its franchise trilogy. “I did see some champagne glasses flowing down the hall,” one ecstatic Lionsgate exec gushed to me. Top Friday numbers include the last Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part Two at $91.1M, Twilight Saga: New Moon at $72.7M; The Dark Knight at $67.2M; Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part One at $61.7M. Audiences gave The Hunger Games an ‘A’ Cinemascore with under-age 18 teens/tweens rating it ’A+’.

Do you know the male percentages for recent Twilight and Harry Potter.

43% for Half-Blood Prince, and 46% for Deathly Hallows 2.I think it was 19% for New Moon, and probably even lower for BD1.

FRIDAY 11 PM, 6TH UPDATE… EXCLUSIVE: My sources tonight say The Hunger Games is looking to open with $66 million for Friday box office in the U.S. and Canada including the record $19.75M in midnight shows. That puts its 3-day North American weekend gross around $138M. “The West Coast and late shows still need to come in, so this number could bounce around a bit. But, nevertheless it’s everything we thought it to be,” one rival studio exec tells me. This is the biggest movie start ever for Lionsgate, which now can count on a blockbuster bonanza for its franchise trilogy. “I did see some champagne glasses flowing down the hall,” one ecstatic Lionsgate exec gushed to me. Top Friday numbers include the last Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part Two at $91.1M, Twilight Saga: New Moon at $72.7M; The Dark Knight at $67.2M; Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part One at $61.7M. Audiences gave The Hunger Games an ‘A’ Cinemascore with under-age 18 teens/tweens rating it ’A+’.

Posted Image