TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

3 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Stop being so aggressive. Keyser explained his point and your still carrying on. Of course people wont STOP watching SH movies but that does not mean the interest cant be eroded and box office fall. It just wont go to 0. Interest will always be there but just not at the level it has been if quality keeps falling. There is some nuance in discussing things and not just black and white which Keyser was trying to say. 

I'm not aggressive lmao, I asked him the question because I didn't understand what he was trying to say.

just saw the social media reactions. Wow, these might be the most mixed early reactions for a Marvel film I have ever seen. This could potentially be a rotten

should have expected it honestly. The director and writer they have are people you hire when you want a light comedy. Not anything that has real weight or stakes

6 minutes ago, Shanks said:

This is a sample of why It's been compared to Star Wars lol ~ CGI really do look impressive in most of these Shorts~

So...y'all remember that episode of the Powerpuff Girls where the girls fought a bunch of evil alien broccoli invaders? That was a classic.

4 hours ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Saga 2 is probably getting graded more harshly than saga 1 because it’s core conceit is very difficult to handle effectively. I think going multiverse will prove to be a humongous mistake, and not that surprisingly — there was really no need to play with this particular fire.  

But at the end of the day we’ll always have Infinity Saga.

And hope for saga 3

the multiverse is just a gimmick to achieve fan service stuff like NWH and doesn't make any sense when you think about it 
(why do some variants look the same but others completely different? Your dreams are about the other versions of you? What? ). So they should just double down on that since that is the main thing that people are getting excited for. Make a movie where Tobey's Spider-Man teams up with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine or something

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah so there's literally no way the MCU version could be worse.

Exactly right? If it doesnt get 90 percent it's now apparently terrible and audiences must hate it. A lot of it's just contrarianism. Black Panther lands on streaming and suddenly a bunch of people claim they hate it now 

People were saying same for 2015 version...can't be worse than 2005 and 2007 movies...lol...

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So to be clear, if everyone says the same thing they say of every Marvel movie that's a sign it's bad, but if they don't that's also a sign it's bad. Okay.

Someone asked people's thoughts for the projected RT rating.  I gave mine.  Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Edited by TwoMisfits

Just now, John Marston said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/eternals-first-reactions-from-premiere-1235033330/

wow. I'd say Eternals early reactions were more positive than these

The early reactions to Eternals were notoriously mixed. It was still a surprise that it ended up being “rotten,” but that was because the MCU had never had a movie score that low with critics before. 

31 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

AM&TW at 88% and Infinity War at 84% is one of the biggest WTF’s for me with RT. A:IW is peak marvel for me, while the 2nd antman is one of the weaker phase three movies.

Like I've said, Phase 4 and on are graded on a tougher grading scale because of the highs of IW and Endgame. Captain Marvel has a 79% on RT but most Marvel fans will agree that MoM (74%) or WF (84%) are much superior films. Antman 2 is an incredibly average film yet it has an 88% on RT