TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

31 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Making 9 projects every year is what happened. This would never have gotten so bad if they just made 2-3 projects a year.

It's very interesting to think that the one thing Daddy Iger was most proud of, what he considers to be the crown jewel, could very well be the thing that kills almost all of Disney's most valuable studios and properties. Symbolic in a way, but it's probably for the best. Other studios need their time in the sun.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

critics are still going easier on weaker mcu entries than for any other franchise, thor 4 should have easily been rotten and instead its fresh and hanging right around where something like aquaman was

true ! u can see the change from movie after movie ! eternals started it ! then multiverse of madness and thor l&t almost destroyed the mcu brand ! now the brand is at all time low ! they have to give proper critical success than commercial

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

critics are still going easier on weaker mcu entries than for any other franchise, thor 4 should have easily been rotten and instead its fresh and hanging right around where something like aquaman was

I'm living for L&T being in the same vicinity on RT as Joker🔥

5 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

I think it's because of fanboy outlets which exist only to review comic book movies positively, they infested RT and give boost to comic book movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

It's very interesting to think that the one thing Daddy Iger was most proud of, what he considers to be the crown jewel, could very well be the thing that kills almost all of Disney's most valuable studios and properties. Symbolic in a way, but it's probably for the best. Other studios need their time in the sun.

Hopefully Papa Iger will actually do something about it. Kang Dynasti has a much better director than here but man I really hope they´re on top of that script.

31 minutes ago, Willowra said:

People need to calm down here; GA doesn't care much about Ant-Man; they are forced to watch this because of Kang. The good thing is they aren't messing up with big characters and big directors' movies; SC was good, SM3 was good, WF was good, and I'm pretty sure The Marvels and CA NWO will be good too.

To be fair, one famous reviewer said you have no need to watch this if you saw the last episode of Loki...

That said, my girls refuse to watch this and my youngest is dying to watch this, so I may have 2-3 discount Tuesday movie tickets in my future, even though my plan after last week was D+ or bust...

2 minutes ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

iger didn't push it ! in his last investors call he said they gonna be more focused on what content they make on ! she hulk, echo, agatha are all unwanted stuff ! even moon night ! 9 epi for she hulk was a crime in my book ! she hulk and thor singe handedly destroyed the image they built over the decade! 

12 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The overreactions from the MCU doomsdayers are so funny. The fact that many critics are calling QM the best of the Ant-Man trilogy but it is still getting a lower RT than the first two films literally shows the only difference is that weaker entries in the MCU are not getting any free passes from critics anymore.

Any reviews (not social media reactions) you can share along these lines?

20 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Iron Man 3* and Thor: The Dark World say hi from 2013. The only difference now is that critics are judging MCU titles more sternly as it has completely dominated pop-culture.

*I'm actually a big IM3 fan but the general opinion seems to be that it's mid to bad.

I hate both those movies. But Iron Man 3 has a 78% on RT and got a A CS. It´s in line with most of the average MCU movies. Saying that critics are judging MCU titles more sternly is just an bad excuse. Audiences are having the same reaction as them

27 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I think Feige might want to take a page out of Gunn's apparent philosophy for the new DCU:  Don't start filming projects until you have a rock-solid script locked in.

My guess is the unevenness of Phase 4 had a lot to do with the determination to roll cameras and hit release dates and hope you could work out any script issues as you go.  But with Feige being stretched over so many projects now, there's a lot more variability in the end result.

I wonder if Marvel will move toward hiring more experienced writers, instead of so many up-and-comers.

Disney is known for paying less than industry standard for most labor, since they feel that working for them is a feather in one's cap.  I'm not sure how a continuation of that pay strategy gets you more experienced writers...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

It's very interesting to think that the one thing Daddy Iger was most proud of, what he considers to be the crown jewel, could very well be the thing that kills almost all of Disney's most valuable studios and properties. 

I'd honestly rewatch the Disney+ shows and Phase 4 films over The Incredible Hulk, IM2, Thor 1, The Dark World, AoU, DS1 and the first two AM films. This weird revisionist history of Phases 1-3 being flawless or even consistent is 🙄

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

ant man 2 has 87% on Rt...

and it's a really bad movie, one of marvel's worst like Thor love and thunder.

I bet my house it won't suck like that

100% agree

Critics aren't holding Marvel's hand anymore so they are being graded on a tougher grading scale...

Cause there's no way WF has a similar RT score to a pile of garbage like Black Widow 

• Like 1