TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'd honestly rewatch the Disney+ shows and Phase 4 films over The Incredible Hulk, IM2, Thor 1, The Dark World, AoU, DS1 and the first two AM films. This weird revisionist history of Phases 1-3 being flawless or even consistent is 🙄

Okay.

15 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

I hate both those movies. But Iron Man 3 has a 78% on RT and got a A CS. It´s in line with most of the average MCU movies. Saying that critics are judging MCU titles more sternly is just an bad excuse. Audiences are having the same reaction as them

Love & Thunder made near 120M more than The Dark World (and without China or Russia), bursting your bubble of 'audiences rejecting the MCU large scale'

Edited by Spidey Freak

The first couple of D+ shows felt actually like good. WandaVision was unique and had amazing writers. Loki looked actually like a big budget show. Falcon had stunning action. After those three all the shows have seemed rushed and just lazy. Tho I liked Moon Knight and Ms.Marvel they were clearly rushed through the pandemic. This 10 month break after The Marvels is badly needed. Hopefully they can fix this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

If it does 500-600 mln, The Marvels is probably next. Maybe Guardians will be well received at least, but could underperform too.

wakanda forever underperformed os because of l&t and she hulk reception ! if this is a stinker then it will definitely! already south korean market is down ! with dc coming up people got more choices !  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Love & Thunder made near 120M more than The Dark World, bursting your bubble of 'audiences rejecting the MCU large scale'

love and thunder got a b+ cinemascore and had mediocre legs despite being a summer release, audiences clearly didn't like it that much. 

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

Love & Thunder made near 120M more than The Dark World, bursting your bubble of 'audiences rejecting the MCU large scale'

This logic is flawed. First of all Love and Thunder was released 9 years later than TDW. The movie got a B+ CS score and have awful metric scores. Not to mention Love and Thunder was the sequel Ragnarok. One of the best MCU movies and one that made Thor much more popular. That carries over in terms of BO. If audiences had liked LaT it would have made way more than it did. It did fine box office wise but it was not a well received movie by any means.

2 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

The first couple of D+ shows felt actually like good. WandaVision was unique and had amazing writers. Loki looked actually like a big budget show. Falcon had stunning action. After those three all the shows have seemed rushed and just lazy. Tho I liked Moon Knight and Ms.Marvel they were clearly rushed through the pandemic. This 10 month break after The Marvels is badly needed. Hopefully they can fix this.

you can easily see the budget and quality going down ! cahpek killed Disney's gulden goose to fill up d+ with content ! they literally overlapped obi wan and ms marvel while t&l released on theaters ! released turning red in d+ ! that idiot misunderstood the concept of streaming services with the subscriber boost they got due to covid ! disney don't have to drop dozens of tv shows ! they already got a rich vault ! 2 marvel shows and 2 star wars is enough for 20+ weeks + more kids stuff and family stuff !

WandaVision still trends every now and then. It has already become a pop culture phenomenon of the 2020s. I know people who weren't huge MCU fans still checked it out. FATWS was decent and did its job. Loki was well received too. Hawkeye was fine.  I think the first year of D+ shows were overall great. It's now that they need some quality control.

20 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

ant man 2 has 87% on Rt...

and it's a really bad movie, one of marvel's worst like Thor love and thunder.

I bet my house it won't suck like that

I really don’t get that reviewer score. It was fine, not as good as first IMO and mostly forgettable 

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

WandaVision still trends every now and then. It has already become a pop culture phenomenon of the 2020s. I know people who weren't huge MCU fans still checked it out. FATWS was decent and did its job. Loki was well received too. Hawkeye was fine.  I think the first year of D+ shows were overall great. It's now that they need some quality control.

I feel like WV had the advantage of being the first of the bunch, as well as being the first Marvel Studios production since NWH. 

I think critics are grading blockbusters harder than they used

2022:

Avatar 2 was better than Avatar 1 yet had worse reviews across the board

The Batman was one of the best CBM's ever and had an 85% on RT 

All MCU films had average/bad reviews

JWD was essentially the same thing as Fallen kingdom and had much worse reviews on RT and MC

Honestly I don't get those complaints, they criticize this movie for the same things that were consistently present in most MCU productions, but for whatever reason it was amazing for them just few years ago and now it's not? Did they just wake up from mass hypnosis?

Edited by Firepower

Just now, M37 said:

I really don’t get that reviewer score. It was fine, not as good as first IMO and mostly forgettable 

I know in the Snyder era the claims got to ridiculous levels... like Disney cabal of paid critics level ridiculous, but that isn't to say some biases didn't exist. The weaker MCU fare got off lighter because they were being contrasted with the DC fare. On a subconscious level, it did seem like a group of RT critics, especially ones belonging to the geek outlets, took a side and it was not DC's side.

Now that Marvel doesn't really have a real competitor and has cemented its top dog status, people are being harsher towards it. Which... is actually fair and does not warrant doom and gloom but BOT will be BOT.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I think critics are grading blockbusters harder than they used

2022:

Avatar 2 was better than Avatar 1 yet had worse reviews across the board

The Batman was one of the best CBM's ever and had an 85% on RT 

All MCU films had average/bad reviews

JWD was essentially the same thing as Fallen kingdom and had much worse reviews on RT and MC

The nerds and blogger bros have overloaded their dopamine receptors too much, since the pandemic.

• Like 2

Disney has some big-screen worthy series such as Loki, which is very highly rated and well-received by fans, and probably set up MCU phase 5 better than any movies they put in theater right now. Instead, they let Loki to go on disney+ and disney+ still losing subscribers after all.