TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

14 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Do you really think Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel movie will be rotten on RT when Ms. Marvel is the highest-rated MCU show? They won't mess up the movie of characters whose names are the brand itself.

I feel like I am concussed with how much this makes my brain hurt with trying to follow this logic.

Marvel do not waste 200M budgets, 100M marketing, 5000 people working on it and 5 years of development to make bad movies. Its just difficult to balance the corporate needs of what has to be put into the movies, linking the universes together, progressing the story (without it going to far) and getting all the VFX done in time and under budget. Plus another many reasons that someone who is not a moron (like me who knows basically nothing about these movies) can come up with.

It's just very complicated now and with the added pressure of tv shows and schedules and D+ and so forth to contend with how all the jigsaw pieces fit together.

• Like 2

Bad for AMQM and bad for MCU. If this is the intro to the big baddie in the next Avengers movie, what does it say for that? Bad start to phase 5.

I doubt Marvels will be a whole lot better if at all. Then it's a long wait for the next two MCU movies that nobody cares about.

Edited by jedijake

27 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Do you really think Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel movie will be rotten on RT when Ms. Marvel is the highest-rated MCU show? They won't mess up the movie of characters whose names are the brand itself.

Ragnarok is the 4th highest rated, yet Love and Thunder barely missed rotten 

14 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

now officially rotten

58% / all critics / 96 reviews

52% / top critics / 27 reviews

we did it reddit!

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

15 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Marvel do not waste 200M budgets, 100M marketing, 5000 people working on it and 5 years of development to make bad movies.

And the NFL doesn't waste $800,000, the botanists of Oklahoma State, and 2 years of development to make a garbage Super Bowl field.

Wait, what forum am I on? Oh yeah... something something QuantuMEHnia

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

And the NFL doesn't waste $800,000, the botanists of Oklahoma State, and 2 years of development to make a garbage Super Bowl field.

Wait, what forum am I on? Oh yeah... something something QuantuMEHnia

You missed my point. Its just difficult to make a good Marvel movie these days with all the things the movie has to take into account and the time constraints to get it out there. Thinking that a Marvel movie with a character name in the title means they will try "extra hard to make it good"  and is some type of guarantee is nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

You missed my point. Its just difficult to make a good Marvel movie these days with all the things the movie has to take into account and the time constraints to get it out there. Thinking that a Marvel movie with a character name in the title means they will try "extra hard to make it good"  and is some type of guarantee is nonsense.

Yeah buddy, I didn't read your whole post. Just the part I quoted, I saw enough to sneak in a Super Bowl complaint because I'm still ticked off.

I'm pretty sure I agree with you though.

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Then tbh maybe some of those constraints need to re-evaluated for the good of the franchise. Maybe the schedule should allow more time for films to be pushed, maybe less content would help, maybe a bit less of a heavy hand in the pre-visual stage when a script isn't ready.

41 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Might be closed to tapping out on marvel if this movie isn’t any good. Still believe MCU should’ve ended at Endgame. It was a brilliant send off.

I have never gotten what people who wanted this wanted the studio to do after Endgame. Just shut down and not make movies anymore?

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, YM! said:

Then tbh maybe some of those constraints need to re-evaluated for the good of the franchise. Maybe the schedule should allow more time for films to be pushed, maybe less content would help, maybe a bit less of a heavy hand in the pre-visual stage when a script isn't ready.

The problem is that they are locked in with the schedules and what goes where and what tv follows and what movie will be placed in each calendar position relative to other competitors and advantageous date openings. Disney is under pressure. Its an easy fix. Take there time and make sure everything is done well (including the VFX). But that would mean Iger will be in trouble because the stock will tank and shit will roll downhill from him to everyone else.

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I have never gotten what people who wanted this wanted the studio to do after Endgame. Just shut down and not make movies anymore?

I do think they should have capped their ambitions. Expanding from three films a year in Phase 3 to four a year in Phase 4, while adding on numerous series every year, was primed to backfire creatively, which would eventually hurt the brand commercially.

• Like 2