TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

55 minutes ago, Willowra said:

A lot of MCU nerds are excited for Avengers 5, assuming this lol. Spider-Man is a teenager or kid in the MCU; he is not going to lead the Avengers in the MCU. Just be realistic here. Strange is not even an Avenger; he is Avenger's helper, an outsider. There won't be "3 white males" leading the Avengers anymore. A lot has changed in the MCU now.

First off, not an MCU nerd, and I was speaking more from a fan & marketing perspective 

There is no question that SM has replaced IM as the most popular MCU character - whether that means he “leads” them is a different question, but from a story perspective it’s pretty clear Strange has moved up into at least one of those roles

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Will it get to 18M previews or is even that number not safe anymore?

As i posted yesterday, we have to see how the walkups go tomorrow. Generally that is about 4x the presales for today. But @M37 did post in tracking thread that Valentine's day could have screwed up the presales yesterday and so the data today will provide better picture. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M37 said:

First off, not an MCU nerd, and I was speaking more from a fan & marketing perspective 

There is no question that SM has replaced IM as the most popular MCU character - whether that means he “leads” them is a different question, but from a story perspective it’s pretty clear Strange has moved up into at least one of those roles

SM was always the most popular MCU character; he hasn't replaced anyone in the popularity department. As far as Strange is concerned, we'll know in a few months to a year whether a non-Avenger character leads the Avengers movie or not.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Willowra said:

Villains don't lead Avengers movies; Avengers lead Avengers movies. Kang won't get people excited for A5 when he is unable to get them excited for Quantumania. Loki, Dr. Strange, and SM can only help if there is any attachment excitement for the lead characters, and the lead characters will be Captain America and Captain Marvel.

I disagree a bit. Infinity war shined so much because it was a Thanos movie. Kang did get people exited for Quantumania, looking at early PS numbers confirms this. Early presales started so hot because of Kang not because of Antman. OW is falling apart because of poor reviews 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I disagree a bit. Infinity war shined so much because it was a Thanos movie. Kang did get people exited for Quantumania, looking at early PS numbers confirms this. Early presales started so hot because of Kang not because of Antman. OW is falling apart because of poor reviews 

How much AM3 would have made without Kang? I would say 200-225M, this will do 250-275M. So a 25-75M total bump because of Kang. And this 25-75M is not exactly a Kang bump but a mixture of A5 & Kang bump.

Edited by Willowra

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Let's agree to disagree on CA NWO. I don't think either of these is popular enough to lead an avengers lineup.

They have already decided the leads of Avengers 5, filming of the movie will start early next year. We'll know by then who are the leads.

12 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Literally every thing you have said is something Marvel has done after Far From Home

Really? Where's the hiatus? Where's the TV shows only? 

What i'm paying to see is a bunch of bad made movies and rushed TV shows being produced alongside with the movies

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Really? Where's the hiatus? Where's the TV shows only? 

It was between July 2019 and July 2021. They only released TV shows and didn't have a regular theatrical release till September 2021.

If you're defining "hiatus" as "not working on anything at all", that's not a hiatus, that's the studio being shut down.

As for the shows "being produced alongside the movies" (what did you not want multiple projects being made at once, something literally every single studio does?) I genuinely don't know what you wanted there

Edited by SpiderByte

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It was between July 2019 and July 2021. They only released TV shows and didn't have a regular theatrical release till September 2021.

If you're defining "hiatus" as "not working on anything at all", that's not a hiatus, that's the studio being shut down.

What people are saying is the Covid hiatus should’ve been longer. Like maybe movies return in 2023 rather than 2021 to give more time on scripts and where the universe is going.

In that scenario, TV shows would still be made but the movies would be given a longer time to get details worked out. Is Lucasfilm shut down because it has no movies in development?

Edited by YM!
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I like how everyone's ignoring Spider-Man, Doctor Strange and Shang-Chi will be a part of the next Avengers movies. Maybe they will even get Scarlet Witch back as WandaVision/DS2 were huge!

I will say though, I expected a Shang-Chi sequel to be out by 2024. As it was their highest rated movie that year along side No Way Home.

how can they bring back Scarlet Witch as a good guy when she has brutally killed so many innocent people?

4 minutes ago, YM! said:

Is Lucasfilm shut down because it has no movies in development?

No, because Lucasfilm has a shit ton of movies in development! They didn't stop making Star Wars movies, they just keep getting delayed and pushed back because of production issues. They have a movie coming out in four months!

Edited by SpiderByte

11 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

No, because Lucasfilm has a shit ton of movies in development! They didn't stop making Star Wars movies, they just keep getting delayed and pushed back because of production issues. They have a movie coming out in four months!

Yes, so what people like @ThomasNicole are suggested is these movies would still be in development but in that interval there’d be shows. People obviously don’t mean start development in four years but for the movies at least to have longer development time both to increase quality and to give a bit more of a break.

• Like 1