TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

8 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The MCU needs a hard pause right now

Chill production, find stronger writers and thoroughly revise a plan and structure. Audiences can no longer be expected to accept such mid, the goodwill is gonna decline

is that even possible? so many things are already in production, and I wonder if things that are already in pre-production are even "stoppable" at this point

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Chill production, find stronger writers and thoroughly revise a plan and structure. Audiences can no longer be expected to accept such mid, the goodwill is gonna decline

Well, there is gonna be a nearly 10 month gap between The Marvels and Cap 4. That might help a bit. 

4 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Cause many tv show are so so Bad.  Ms Marvel, she Hulk, moonknight.

seen the movie!

it felt like a regular MCU movie. Much better than the second film which I didn't like.

I liked Kang, Scott and Hope, but I didn't like Cassie Lang, really annoying.

The film succeeds where Multiverse of madness failed. the quantum realm is beautiful and interesting.
  Some jokes are stupid and avoidable like certain scenes in the movie.

The cgi is good except for one character that's just hilarious

Ant man 1: 7

Antman 2: 4

Antman 3: 6,5

2 good post credit 

I don't know about anyone else but this is a trend I'm seeing, anecdotally and online. People aren't digging all the younger characters, who presumably represent the future of the MCU. That's an issue for Marvel if true.

I've enjoyed some of them in isolation - like Kate Bishop in Hawkeye - but when I picture all these next gen characters teaming up against a big bad I'm just not buying it. Like, not at all. Marvel needs to put these characters through the ringer before I take them seriously in any way (at least a character like Yelena Belova HAS been through the ringer and, shocker, I really like her character).

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Verrows said:

I don't know about anyone else but this is a trend I'm seeing, anecdotally and online. People aren't digging all the younger characters, who presumably represent the future of the MCU. That's an issue for Marvel if true.

I've enjoyed some of them in isolation - like Kate Bishop in Hawkeye - but when I picture all these next gen characters teaming up against a big bad I'm just not buying it. Like, not at all. Marvel needs to put these characters through the ringer before I take them seriously in any way (at least a character like Yelena Belova HAS been through the ringer and, shocker, I really like her character).

I think part of the issue is that the "next generation" kiddos are supplanting established characters, instead of covering new ground. It's Young Hawkeye. Young Black Widow. Young Ant-Wasp now.

I want new characters who can have identities that don't rely on established "legacy" characters. Hand-me-downs just aren't as fresh as entirely unique characters.

I have no issue with that casting decisions themselves. Florence Pugh and (especially) Hailee Steinfeld were ace castings at the time, and both executed their parts flawlessly. I look forward to seeing more of both characters. Just let them evolve apart from their "legacy" predecessors, and stop relying on this method of introducing the Young Avengers (which is clearly the goal)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Patton Oswalt? The comedian who did a post-credits V.O. only thing?

Yeah... try again.

You think video of an actor saying it's happening doesn't count but you think the MCU spent all this time introducing new characters and heroes and you think only Simu Liu is going to join the Avengers? Mark Ruffalo himself said She-Hulk was going to be in both Kang and Secret Wars 

And again, like I said, several consistently reliable sources have said more Eternals is happening.

Edited by SpiderByte

57 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

They are slowing down now it seems. Half of the 2023 slate of D+ show seems to have been pushed to 2024. So the original slate for 2023 now is over 2 year. Which thank the lords because 6 shows is way to much. But doubt we will see a full stop. There have been reports that they have revised a plan and looked at what didn´t work in Phase 4. But the affects of that aren´t going to be seen before 2024 on the movies side. Cap 4 and Thunderbolts starts filming soon. Hopefully they turn it around. Also in the meantime they better pray and hope that GotG vol 3 and The Marvels ain´t on this level. Sadly I believe it prob will be.

<

35 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Yelena and Kate are the best new characters imo. I really like Kamala aswell. But to be fair we still have only seen most of these one time. Yelena we have seen two times and I think that has helped a lot with establishing her in the MCU. I hope they can do the same for Kate before Dynasti. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

is that even possible? so many things are already in production, and I wonder if things that are already in pre-production are even "stoppable" at this point

Absolutely not. 

The big change we will see in The next years not now.

we cannot expect such a change from film to film. takes time.

and Disney/Marvel I don't think they want to give it

kinda embarassing confession (considering the reviews and how im suppossed to be this superhero hating guy); I found the first trailer to be kinda great

• Haha 3

We need a total and complete shutdown until we can figure out what the hell is going on.   

Spoiler

Actually I would probably be in favor of wiping everything post WV from continuity and trying again (just like I think they should do with the ST) but I recognize neither of these are realistically on the table 😛 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

They are slowing down now it seems. Half of the 2023 slate of D+ show seems to have been pushed to 2024. So the original slate for 2023 now is over 2 year. Which thank the lords because 6 shows is way to much. But doubt we will see a full stop. There have been reports that they have revised a plan and looked at what didn´t work in Phase 4. But the affects of that aren´t going to be seen before 2024 on the movies side. Cap 4 and Thunderbolts starts filming soon. Hopefully they turn it around. Also in the meantime they better pray and hope that GotG vol 3 and The Marvels ain´t on this level. Sadly I believe it prob will be.

They also need to set a higher bar for their VFX and pronto! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

We need a total and complete shutdown until we can figure out what the hell is going on.   

Reveal hidden contents

Being a bit hyperbolic for comedy but one thing that I think is true is that it’s a little bit late for a pause — projects pretty deep into phase 5 are in production and phase 6 has surely had a lot of pre-production planning work done at this point. Once the serialized narrative connected universe train gets rolling it’s pretty hard to just stop and then warm up again.   

At this point mostly everything through secret wars is a write off to me (very interested to see the story execution, reception,  and BO still, just setting personal expectations pretty low) with the hope that the projects being developed forward from here can lay the groundwork for a good 3rd saga.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

You think video of an actor saying it's happening doesn't count but you think the MCU spent all this time introducing new characters and heroes and you think only Simu Liu is going to join the Avengers? Mark Ruffalo himself said She-Hulk was going to be in both Kang and Secret Wars 

And again, like I said, several consistently reliable sources have said more Eternals is happening.

She-Hulk may be in both, but Tatiana Maslany ain't getting top billing. My list was TOP BILLING. I forgot to put Florence Pugh on that list though.

I don't dispute that characters from Eternals will pop-up in other projects, but wake me up when a formal sequel is announced. And Patton Oswalt is a pretty week anchor for your argument about a sequel being confirmed.

EDIT: Apparently Maslany was surprised by Ruffalo's comments (https://www.cinemablend.com/superheroes/marvel-cinematic-universe/looks-like-mark-ruffalo-may-have-spoiled-where-well-see-tatiana-maslanys-she-hulk-after-the-disney-series) so again, pretty weak sauce you're serving up.

Edited by OncomingStorm93

1 hour ago, Verrows said:

It's not like they haven't been warned. They've been trying to push these awful new characters in the comic books for 10 years now and they keep flopping. What was the last new character that really stuck? Deadpool?

The MCU has decades of stories to mine from the comics without jumping to the worse period in its history.

2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

She-Hulk may be in both, but Tatiana Maslany ain't getting top billing. My list was TOP BILLING. I forgot to put Florence Pugh on that list though.

I don't dispute that characters from Eternals will pop-up in other projects, but wake me up when a formal sequel is announced. And Patton Oswalt is a pretty week anchor for your argument about a sequel being confirmed.

If they want She-Hulk in the MCU they better multiverse the John Byrne version in cause no one is paying to see that TV version on the big screen.

• Like 2