TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

My prediction is a 110M 4-day opening domestic and 120M overseas, from that it will do 2.3x to 530M.

Anything above 600M is a relative success IMO. Relative being the key word, because the way Marvel planned this movie is not to be performing as a normal Ant-Man sequel at all, so it's surely an underperformance if it follows the expected scenarios.

17 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It's not really, audience needs characters to back and root for and they need some characters which have a connection with audience.

We all knew the avengers lineup Abe age of Ultron lineup and lineups of Infinity War ace Endgame, it made following their journeys worth it abs created excitement for crossover.

Current we don't know who, what, when and where. Why am i following characters who will not appear in Kang dynasty and who are the characters who will Actually appear in the Kang dynasty and isn't giving projects to characters who are not going to appear in kang dynasty a waste of time?

Antman wasn’t in a Avenger movie til Endgame. GOTG weren’t in age of Ultron. Every character in marvel comics does not appear in all of the big team ups. That makes the universe smaller. 

3 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

My prediction is a 110M 4-day opening domestic and 120M overseas, from that it will do 2.3x to 530M.

Anything above 600M is a relative success IMO. Relative being the key word, because the way Marvel planned this movie is not to be performing as a normal Ant-Man sequel at all, so it's surely an underperformance if it follows the expected scenarios.

We all need to noticed the budget,AM 3 is at 200m so we need the lowest line to be 600m,Marvel never have a movie which can’t reach the break-even line,we just need Antman keep this record but not create a new record

Edited by Sophia Jane

13 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Seconded. Give me more stuff in the vein of "Werewolf by Night". I think that kind of experimental, lower-budget content is the secret sauce toward maintaining the MCU. I know that's not street-level, but it does show that Marvel doesn't need to keep getting louder and expensive for the sake of quality. You just need a good vision. No amount of $$$ can substitute for a great creative vision.

Theyve confirmed that they're going to keep doing more. Allegedly the next one is going to be about Nova (though conflicting sources, both very consistently reliable, have said it could be a movie, series, or special, so it's unclear)

14 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Seconded. Give me more stuff in the vein of "Werewolf by Night". I think that kind of experimental, lower-budget content is the secret sauce toward maintaining the MCU. I know that's not street-level, but it does show that Marvel doesn't need to keep getting louder and expensive for the sake of quality. You just need a good vision. No amount of $$$ can substitute for a great creative vision.

Oh I agree it doesn’t have to be a street level hero that they experiment with. Horror characters work too. Look at the conjuring franchise making big profits on low budgets. Blade shouldn’t cost anymore than 100m and should’ve been infused with some actual horror and mature serious themes but it’s probably going to be another cgi laden pg13 quipfest. 

• Like 1

Just now, eddyxx said:

Oh I agree it doesn’t have to be a street level hero that they experiment with. Horror characters work too. Look at the conjuring franchise making big profits on low budgets. Blade shouldn’t cost anymore than 100m and should’ve been infused with some actual horror and mature serious themes but it’s probably going to be another cgi laden pg13 quipfest. 

From what I can gleam, don't expect Mahershala Ali to stick around if that's the case.

The MCU isn't "dying" or becoming less popular...Their recent movies just aren't good enough and fans/GA will opt for Disney+ instead of paying to see it in theaters 

If the MCU fixes their quality issue, then it will equate to stronger box office numbers 

If the recent projects were all getting excellent reviews and unperforming, then the MCU would have been in trouble. 

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

they should just scrap the MCU Blade and do another one with Wesley Snipes. He was perfect casting anyway. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

We all need to noticed the budget,AM 3 is at 200m so we need the lowest line to be 600m,Marvel never have a movie which can’t reach the break-even line,we just need Antman keep this record but not create a new record

I agree. I am saying that 600M is a relative success because it would be a much better expected scenario if the opening weekend collapses like it's supposedly doing. But even then, calling a success indeed might be a reach even within context, assuming the 200M budget of course.

4 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

From what I can gleam, don't expect Mahershala Ali to stick around if that's the case.

I’d be getting into spoilers if I respond to this lol. Who knows maybe the rumor was fake that I read but most of the leaks last year have proven to be true.

2 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I agree, but the GA seemed to like them enough. No phase 3 film received an A- or lower on cinemascore 

Cause many tv show are so so Bad.  Ms Marvel, she Hulk, moonknight.

seen the movie!

it felt like a regular MCU movie. Much better than the second film which I didn't like.

I liked Kang, Scott and Hope, but I didn't like Cassie Lang, really annoying.

The film succeeds where Multiverse of madness failed. the quantum realm is beautiful and interesting.
  Some jokes are stupid and avoidable like certain scenes in the movie.

The cgi is good except for one character that's just hilarious

Ant man 1: 7

Antman 2: 4

Antman 3: 6,5

2 good post credit 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

500 isn't really "heads rolling disaster". Even Eternals is still getting some kind of follow up.

But 450 is, even 500 is really bad for this movie, it would be less than first Ant-Man, it's an established character and it's supposed to introduce next big bad for Avengers, it should do much better than that.

Eternals sequel was never confirmed at this point.

5 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

The MCU isn't "dying" or becoming less popular...Their recent movies just aren't good enough and fans/GA will opt for Disney+ instead of paying to see it in theaters 

If the MCU fixes their quality issue, then it will equate to stronger box office numbers 

If the recent projects were all getting excellent reviews and unperforming, then the MCU would have been in trouble. 

The thing is: for how long can you do this though? If they don't fix it fast, at one point (and it might be close) people will just lose the confidence they have in the brand and then things will go south. They can't have years of bad/mediocre products with no consenquences to it.