TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

8 minutes ago, froztking said:

kang dynasty is lead by kang if i'm not ! same as infinity war was mostly thanos movie !+ loki,spiderman,doc strange, ant man and even deadpool will play major roles ! so i don't think the issue u said happening then secret wars wil be filled with cameos and comebacks, fan services etc.

the rela test is phase 5 movies ! started from ant man which is now a failure ! guardians, marvels , loki s2, capt america ,thunderbolts these movies cannot fail critically more than commercially 

Villains don't lead Avengers movies; Avengers lead Avengers movies. Kang won't get people excited for A5 when he is unable to get them excited for Quantumania. Loki, Dr. Strange, and SM can only help if there is any attachment excitement for the lead characters, and the lead characters will be Captain America and Captain Marvel.

Edited by Willowra
  • Like 1

“Feels less like an actual movie and more an excuse to get to the next movie that itself may or may not feel like an actual movie.” was a good review quote I saw that pretty much describes my feelings on this movie. Say what you will about the first Ant Man, but it had a small stakes almost a playful feeling for a CBM that's nothing like this. 

This movie is trying to setup up for the next setup that way there can be a setup for the next setup and it gets all a bit tiresome. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

“Feels less like an actual movie and more an excuse to get to the next movie that itself may or may not feel like an actual movie.” was a good review quote I saw that pretty much describes my feelings on this movie. Say what you will about the first Ant Man, but it had a small stakes almost a playful feeling for a CBM that's nothing like this. 

This movie is trying to setup up for the next setup that way there can be a setup for the next setup and it gets all a bit tiresome. 

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

true ! same as iron man 2 ! iron man 2 mostly focused on setting up avengers ! ant man movie was so different from other superhero flicks ! it was mostly a heist movie ! and i loved it . ant man was a bad choice for this ! it should have been a small proper ending for ant man trilogy 

14 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

This is one of the reasons that is killing any interest I had in the MCU. It looks like 80% of movies are just commercials for the next big Avengers movie. This together with the absolute mediocre quality of most movies in phase 4 and the overdoses of series that are mostly pretty bad or forgetable is just killing the joy. I always loved Marvel superheroes, but the MCU is starting to annoy me with a lot of wrong decisions. Meanwhile DC which was very inconsistent and mostly bad outside of Batman, is looking like it has a bright and more interesting future with Gunn in charge...

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Willowra said:

1 more year of nerds' delusions lol, nerds will be out of delusion when The Marvels & CA NWO arrives & when they announce who the Avengers leads are.

yeah lets see it then ! any idiot knows that avengers gonna loose in KANG DYNASTY ! who leads isn't even important ! that movie will have doc strange, loki, spider man, Deadpool , ant man ! screen time will be shared between them ! while kang having the most same as thanos had the most screen time in infinity war ! 

the set up for that movie will decide it's box office 

With the lack of any real characters to get attached to, I can honestly see Kang Dynasty miss the billion dollar mark now, especially with its big precursor turning out to be a dud. Spider-Man is the only real fan favourite character they have, and he's out of commission for another few years. Sam Wilson, Carol Danvers, and the bajillion teen sidekicks not many care about? Are they going to sell tickets?

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

Y´all are taking to far with the kang dynasti under 1b shit. Why is everyone reducing the new Avengers cast to Mackie and Larson? First of all Avengers name itself sells. The last two out of three MCU movies made 850M+. Unless every movie goes rotten there´s nothing to suggest that something like that will happen. They are still earning money. Thirdly while nobody can match RDJ, there is plenty of stars for this movie. Deadpool. Scarlet Witch. Doctor Strange. Spider-Man. Loki. Star-Lord. etc. Everyone seems awfully focused Captain Marvel and Captain America when Marvel has plenty of other characters that are super popular. Secret Wars will be a cameo fest so 1B shouldn´t be a problem. If this trend continues then yeah returns will be diminished but it ain´t going to go under 1B. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

So  about Modok... ya know Feige and them really need to know when to not take it to far. They usually had a good handle about what works from the comics and whatnot. This should have never been put into live-action. Not like this. 

true ! specially bringing him with kang is just stupid ! i can see modok's dumb cg face roaming on internet with 200m$ budget movie tags ! it will haunt them forever like she hulks twerk and heimdals sons face in thor l&t !! 

12 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I have never gotten what people who wanted this wanted the studio to do after Endgame. Just shut down and not make movies anymore?

They could’ve taken the elseworlds approach and make some non canon films that take risks with the characters. Hell some adaptions of popular stories would’ve been nice. I wish they made that Runaways movie back in 2012 instead of letting Iger make a shitty Hulu series. That could’ve been Stranger Things before Stranger Things.  They also could’ve made some animated movies.

Edited by eddyxx

14 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Phase 1 and 2 were really inconsistent but had great highs. Phase 3 was mostly great...Phase 4 was just a repeat of phase 1 and 2 with great highs and low lows 

Phase 3 had Cap Marvel and Ant man2. 2 really BAD BAD movie guys.

I will go tonight :D

I will  see if is bad or not

Edited by fabiopazzo2

5 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

The plot thickness

mkf6BlM.png

Those dumb cirtics choice should no longer be taken into account Lol

This just means more critics have addes their scores and it went up a little. It's still not positive, in fact it's pretty damn spot on with the RT and MC score relative to where other similar movies are.

I like how everyone's ignoring Spider-Man, Doctor Strange and Shang-Chi will be a part of the next Avengers movies. Maybe they will even get Scarlet Witch back as WandaVision/DS2 were huge!

I will say though, I expected a Shang-Chi sequel to be out by 2024. As it was their highest rated movie that year along side No Way Home.

Edited by Saul Goodman

Avengers 5 main cast will probably be Sam Wilson, Carol Danvers, Shuri, Peter Parker, Steven Strange, Shang Chi, and you need at least one og so Thor or Hulk and one more female so I’ll say She Hulk or Scarlet Witch.

i also expect to see some supporting players like Bucky, Miss Marvel, Wong, and who knows maybe Loki and the TVA can show up?

Edited by eddyxx

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

With the lack of any real characters to get attached to, I can honestly see Kang Dynasty miss the billion dollar mark now, especially with its big precursor turning out to be a dud. Spider-Man is the only real fan favourite character they have, and he's out of commission for another few years. Sam Wilson, Carol Danvers, and the bajillion teen sidekicks not many care about? Are they going to sell tickets?

Not sure about missing billion, but 2 bln seems out of reach at this point. Secret Wars needs to be another cameo fest to aim for more.

Edited by Firepower

This falling flat on its face means a very good chance of a 250-300 dom range. And that was a nearly extinct range even before the pandemic, going back years. So...I'm happy for that haha.

But ya, I know the MCU is the largest serialised show in history, but it's never felt quite as bad as now, because it's all so diluted. Too many shows, too many "meh" movies, it just feels tiring. I do hope Guardians 3 hits it out of the park. I have high hopes for that one.

But I just find myself very puzzled sitting here and realising The Flash, thanks to one of the most exciting trailers I've seen in a long time, is my most anticipated superhero flick this year and pretty much everything else is like white noise atm.