Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

You guys think (hypothetically) that if frozen 2 was meant to be released this march(same date as onward), but due to coronavirus it would have been delayed indefinitely. And, lets say, it opens in summer, would it have made 150M+ total or less? 

13 minutes ago, Mau said:

You guys think (hypothetically) that if frozen 2 was meant to be released this march(same date as onward), but due to coronavirus it would have been delayed indefinitely. And, lets say, it opens in summer, would it have made 150M+ total or less? 

In retrospect, keeping Frozen II in November turned out to be the best after all. If it had a March release, it would have lost its biggest OS markets in Japan and South Korea with how serious coronavirus is over there.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KP1025 said:

In retrospect, keeping Frozen II in November turned out to be the best after all. If it had a March release, it would have lost its biggest OS markets in Japan and South Korea with how serious coronavirus is over there.

Also does anyone know if frozen 2 will be kept in theaters in japan, now that onward got delayed?

According to @Franspeech (twitter):

🇺🇸 USA $477,28M 
🇯🇵 JPN $122,5M 
🇨🇳 CHN $122.31M 
🇰🇷 KOR $97.3M 
🇬🇧 UK $69,9M 
🇩🇪GER $60,3M 
🇫🇷 FR $53.8M 
🇷🇺 RU $32,7M 

🇧🇷 BRA $30,2M
🇲🇽 MEX $28,8
🇪🇦 ES $23,19M

japan just surpassed China!!!! (Finally)

if there is a frozen 3

my predictions:

china: $150M

japan:$110M

korea: $ 80M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 11:04 PM, KP1025 said:

I was starting to get a bit worried it wouldn't make it due to the coronavirus shutting down theaters, but Frozen II has crossed $1.45 billion WW at last.

DOMESTIC (32.9%) 
$477,368,818

FINALLY!

f2f05705522b44a0feacc06fdcde6490c734ab8f

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Amazing total! Finally 1.45B reached.

NA and Japan prevented this from reaching the 1.5B+ it would have deserved.

1.45B was about exactly what I expected it to make. But I thought the DOM percentage would be higher.

OS really came through.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2020 at 11:16 AM, Spidey Freak said:

1.45B was about exactly what I expected it to make. But I thought the DOM percentage would be higher.

OS really came through.

giphy.gif

Yup!! It really overperformed the first one in WW gross. Nowadays it seems that all sequels are grossing less than its predecessors. 
that being said, I wish it could have reached 500 Dom, but oh well.. c’est la vie.