CJohn

Weekend Estimates - THE HUNGER GAMES | 155M

Go Hunger Games! I'm hoping for at least 40 million for today and an OW bigger than TDK. Catching Fire opens in November next year I think. The opening for that movie is going to be HUGE!!!Starting to think a 200OW for TDKR is possible. I was thinking 175 OW but that may be to low.Also don't think The Avengers will top The Hunger Games OW. Not anymore at least.

And holy cow, they really need to work on the servers or whatever for this site before TA and the rest of the summer movies hit, cause these SQL errors are rampant this weekend, especially today. I don't want to be starring at that SQL error late July instead of TDKR OD/OW # that's for sure.

Yeah It was never going to be big over here (initally). The marketing was pretty small and the books only recently became popular in the last couple of months. It would have worked better to have a gradual international release (like with Twilight) So the news could travel over to here, but with the packed schedule I guess it wasn't possible. I think it will have good legs OS though as people go in the coming weeks to see what the fuss is about.Catching Fire will be huge overseas though.

I'm having a really hard time with the SQL errors today, so I'm not able to catch up with this thread. I just want to say, I really hope there's no hindsight bias getting thrown around to diminish Hunger Games opening. This is one of the most remarkable achievements I've ever witnessed, right up with Avatar's run and The Dark Knight's incredible first week.

Just scrolled the Hollywood Arclight which allows you to pick your seat so you can see the sold tickets. They have 23 screenings today. As of 10am:4 between 10:15 and 12:30: Currently about 40% full.5 between 1 and 3:45: 70%8 between 4:45 and 8:40: 80%6 after 9: 10%Obviously these are presales and there will be walkups. Pretty amazing given the number of screens.

I'm having a really hard time with the SQL errors today, so I'm not able to catch up with this thread. I just want to say, I really hope there's no hindsight bias getting thrown around to diminish Hunger Games opening. This is one of the most remarkable achievements I've ever witnessed, right up with Avatar's run and The Dark Knight's incredible first week.

And SM1's run. Hunger Games opening is awesome. Stunning for a movie that most expected to make around half of that on its opening to explode the way it did.

I was way too tired last night to post my theaters numbers. So here they are:Midnights - 1201Friday - 1984Saturday - 2928Sunday - 887 as of 12:08(including presales)

Can't wait to see your final update.

I just scrolled through some New York theaters on Fandango. IMAX is extremely popular. IMAX showings are selling out like 2-3 hours in advance. I've seen some sellouts in regular showings as well. This is not a typical Sunday performer.

By "typical," what do you mean? For crying out loud, the movie wasn't a "typical" Friday or Saturday performer either. :lol: