CJohn

Weekend Estimates - THE HUNGER GAMES | 155M

Just amazing.

I know, it bodes very well for the drops, the adult audience seems to have been engaged, well more engage than I would've thought. Edited by riczhang

The bat is going down today. No question in my mind. I am only tracking one theater and they have already upped today's shows from 26 to 29.Never seen it happen in this theater on a sunday. All shows until 3:15 have sold out. They sold out a 7:10 PM show before Noon today and they have already added two more shows at 7:10 and one more at 7:30. This is doing 40+ today.

Wow, that's amazing. So they may end up under-estimating their already sky high OW figure? This movie just keeps on surprising us. I should have created that THG over TDK OW club back then before the midnights came out. Would have been epic. lol :)

If they had waited two more weeks, it would have opened at 100+.

...no. Because in 2 weeks the competition would have been gigantic, with Wrath, Titanic, American Reunion and Battleship would open the week after it.Still, there are a lot of big markets left to open. Edited by CJohn

Right? I knew it wasnt a teeny bopper series but thought it was most popular with people in my age demo 20-25.

Yeah, I figured it was a predominately teen phenom. That assumption was based entirely on the "young adult" label. Granted, I've seen a ton of people my age (26) reading it on the subway over the past couple of months.

I thought the female to male ratio would be closer based on the audiences I saw it with.

Same, it was 50/50 in the two showings I went with...if not yesterday's showing actually skewing male.

I don't get this...why are people shocked that 56% was over 25? It's basically identical to DH2's.

The books were over a decade old by the time DH2 was released. Millions had grown up with Harry Potter so it isn't surprising that the demo was a bit on the older side. This number is surprising for THG as the books are relatively new and are aimed towards young adults.