sfran43

Weekend Thread: FvF vroooms past 30M+; Say Goodnight Angels with 8M for CA; Waves washes up 37k+ PTA

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I will never understand the fascination with Cinemascore. 

Because when a film got A+ cinemascore, if often suggest some awesome breakout box office run or even oscar prospect like EG, Black panther, Frozen, green book, slumdog millionaire, american sniper ,titanic, etc.

Cinemascore only matter to me when it hit A+ or F  

The good thing for Last Christmas is that the new releases apart from FvF bombed this weekend. And the hold overs that were released during its weekend didn’t really fair all that well. So it might be able to snag more screens and stay in more theaters than originally thought through Thanksgiving weekend because everything else around it is bombing. Not like it’ll make THAT much of a difference but you take what you can get. 

• Like 3

The Good Liar basically matched WB's own tracking, this and also Blinded by the Light make me think they acquired or greenlit these for not much money just so they could have more films available for HBO Max when it launches in May. 

Edited by Jonwo

3 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

How much money is Sony going to lose on this? It has to be at least 50m

Given that the budget for CA is around 50m, I'd have to imagine it could lose even more then that. 

Edited by Fancyarcher