sfran43

Weekend Thread: FvF vroooms past 30M+; Say Goodnight Angels with 8M for CA; Waves washes up 37k+ PTA

saw the irishman, it was the first Netflix movie that played in a cinema near me (and by near me i mean a 45 minute drive away). totally sold out crowd, which i thought was a good way to see it, it's funnier than i expected. crowd seemed to be into it through the whole thing but maybe i'm just reading in to it what i wanna idk. seeing le mans 66 ford v ferrari tomorrow to make this my weekend of long ass movies.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Just remember that considering its audience, FvF should have a strong matinee boost that may not carry over the evening. Hazards of older adult skewing films just like with family movies 

You could be right as trajectory plateaued really early yesterday but as of 130PM AMC ticket sales has reached OD finish. I am thinking 40% is possible. CIN is like 12-13% behind just few minutes back and there is time for it to catch up as well. I will update in the evening. but trend is super strong.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

You could be right as trajectory plateaued really early yesterday but as of 130PM AMC ticket sales has reached OD finish. I am thinking 40% is possible. CIN is like 12-13% behind just few minutes back and there is time for it to catch up as well. I will update in the evening. but trend is super strong.

Awesome! My comment was more for the rest of the newer followers that are still learning. Glad to know its holding well! 

9 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I really hope FvS does someting crazy like $35m/$150m DOM, I doubt it will have OS appeal, and considering that huge budget, it needs to do the most possible DOM. 

If Rush could make it to $65m, I’m sure it will make it to $100m overseas. However, I agree the more, the better.

• Founder / Operator
6 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

@Shawn, is Downton really supposed to be 26k, -96%? Nobody else is showing a Friday number so I can't cross check, but given the theaters 260k -59% seems a lot more likely?   

Either way don’t think Focus is going to go for 100.

Well, the studio doesn't report those numbers on Saturdays, unfortunately. I went with the Mojo reported # because one other contact I know of (not Mojo) said it made $7K Friday as well. It's possible they were just quoting Mojo, but hard to be sure. Perhaps Mojo's # should have been $70K (which makes more sense, honestly).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hatebox said:

It's a testament to Bale's talent that a year after that rant leaked he won an Oscar. That would have killed almost any other actor's career stone dead.

(The youtube remixes and parodies probably helped by making it funny.)

The SJW army of cockroaches was up & running at that time ?

I doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

33 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Well, the studio doesn't report those numbers on Saturdays, unfortunately. I went with the Mojo reported # because one other contact I know of (not Mojo) said it made $7K Friday as well. It's possible they were just quoting Mojo, but hard to be sure. Perhaps Mojo's # should have been $70K (which makes more sense, honestly).

Ah, must have missed it before on Mojo. I guess for now that’s the number we’ve got, but I’ll be shocked if another order of magnitude doesn’t sneak its way in there by Monday.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Probably for an MCU movie. 

He's said before he doesn't like the kind of movies the MCU makes, big budget superhero films with big CGI fight scenes. It's one of the reasons he wanted more creative freedom on Logan, so the third act of Wolverine 2 wouldn't happen again

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

can a cameraman walk in front of Bale again? I want to see a sequel to the Godfather of celebrity meltdowns

Just to be clear, it wasn't just some random cameraman. It was the Director of Photography. Bale obviously overreacted, but that guy is a massive prick

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

He's said before he doesn't like the kind of movies the MCU makes, big budget superhero films with big CGI fight scenes. It's one of the reasons he wanted more creative freedom on Logan, so the third act of Wolverine 2 wouldn't happen again

As if the 3rd act of Logan wasn't just a set up for nonsensical fighting.

• Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Y'all talking about Mangold staying in business with Disney/Fox after FvF "for MCU movies probably"... I'm telling y'all, The Force is coming. It will get greenlit after this. The writer of the book was basically saying on his twitter if FvF does well, we'll get to see The Force. Gonna read the book if and when it gets greenlit

• Founder / Operator
1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Ah, must have missed it before on Mojo. I guess for now that’s the number we’ve got, but I’ll be shocked if another order of magnitude doesn’t sneak its way in there by Monday.

I think you're right. Also, don't feel too bad about missing it on Mojo -- I think they snuck it in after the initial estimates post...

What irks me is that Addams Family had nary a Friday estimate to be found earlier today. That should still be doing well enough to warrant an update from the studio, IMO, given its pursuit of $100M.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1