TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

33 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Hopefully people go and watch the Martin Scorsese films the first ripped off. King of Comedy is underrated 

Everyone watched Taxi Driver and I already saw your post word to word 5 years ago, this parroting was annoying and obnoxious even back then. Taxi Driver is one of the most famous films of one of the famous directors and also inspired Reagan assassination attempt, it's not some obscure indie nobody watched. King of Comedy is less popular, but it gained more recongnition over the years. Let's play this game with The Batman:

Hopefully people go and watch the David Fincher films The Batman ripped off. Zodiac is underrated.

Edited by Firepower

2/5

Gaga is the lone bright spot. But even by the end her character goes nowhere. 

Joaquin is committed to the role, but I can’t say his performance was more than one note (no pun intended, but he can’t sing). 

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

2/5

Gaga is the lone bright spot. But even by the end her character goes nowhere. 

Joaquin is committed to the role, but I can’t say his performance was more than one note (no pun intended, but he can’t sing). 

SHades of Depp in 'Sweeney Todd" Sweeney is a very challenging role to sing..it is closer to opera then your standard musical..and Depp singing voice was no where near adequate for the role.

1 minute ago, MightyDargon said:

If this script is as bad as I've heard I don't think test screenings would've saved this.

Point is they did test screen it using a final version. Thatjust makes no sense; if you don;t intend to make changes why the hell bother?Puzzling.

9 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

wow, this was just as good as Joker maybe better. Ignore the haters judge for yourself.

And you lose a lot of creditbilty points by using the term "Haters",. Even most fanboys avoid that term since it has become so toxic.

We are back to " How dare you not like something I like" territory.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Point is they did test screen it using a final version. Thatjust makes no sense; if you don;t intend to make changes why the hell bother?Puzzling.

I'm guessing if they knew audiences would hate it they didn't want to overspend on marketing? As it was, whatever surprise factor they had got blown after Cannes anyway.

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And you lose a lot of creditbilty points by using the term "Haters",. Even most fanboys avoid that term since it has become so toxic.

We are back to " How dare you not like something I like" territory.

well haters are mostly from the last film , the critics calling it dangerous are a joke , the backlash for this one is different , no agenda , just bad taste

1 minute ago, MightyDargon said:

Lots of people wanted a Joker sequel that was actually good. Is there any way WB could have kicked off Phillips and somehow rewritten the script drastically before most filming occured?

it is a good movie though, a miracle being a sequel in all

Reaction to this movie is so toxic and poisonous to the point people already blame Lady Gaga for this movie on her instagram and I wouldn't be surprised if some particularly crazy individuals already send death threats to filmmakers and cast members. It's like the movie kicked the hornet's nest.

Edited by Firepower

9 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Lots of people wanted a Joker sequel that was actually good. Is there any way WB could have kicked off Phillips and somehow rewritten the script drastically before most filming occured?

I think firing Philips would have been a PR disaster  for them,,imagine the firestorm..but maybe they could have told Philips "We Want you to do a sequel, but we are not going in that direction" and told him to come up with something different.

Edited by dudalb

9 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

well haters are mostly from the last film , the critics calling it dangerous are a joke , the backlash for this one is different , no agenda , just bad taste

Well, from the reactions there seem to be a hell of a lot of haters out there.

You are entilted to like what you like, but don't get on a high horse and condemn people who disagree. That is a very bad look, and one of things that drives me crazy about what fandom has become.