cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

Really enjoyed this. Probably my #2 movie of the year so far. Behind Dune Part 2. Can not understand the complaints that it is boring and unexciting and not much action. Like really? Not sure what to say other than  have these people never seen a Ape movie before. Of the 4 recent this and the Ceasar Trilogy I would go 1)Dawn, 2)Kingdom, 3)War and 4)Rise.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Really enjoyed this. Probably my #2 movie of the year so far. Behind Dune Part 2. Can not understand the complaints that it is boring and unexciting and not much action. Like really? Not sure what to say other than  have these people never seen a Ape movie before. Of the 4 recent this and the Ceasar Trilogy I would go 1)Dawn, 2)Kingdom, 3)War and 4)Rise.

Clock it!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrinceRico said:

B Cinamascore. WOM is definitely mixed and worst than the first 3.

its not great but still solid.

some may say it was too long, not an issue for me , as far as slow, i think after the first 20 mins the pacing was quite good, other issues may be the story and motives of the female human may turn off some, especially being played by a weak actress , some of the other supporting apes are underdeveloped too

It’s a step down from the Serkis trilogy, but it’s still very enjoyable. The story is maybe a bit too straightforward compared to the previous 3, but it’s still a good POTA film which leaves it in an interesting place for them to go next.

• Like 1

Regarding the previous trilogy, I always felt that the screenplay for War needed one or two revisions. Something about it just seemed a bit sloppy. 

Anyway, that B Cinemascore is definitely not good, but I’m gonna need to see this for myself. 

Any update on how this movie might be performing internationally? That could really be the determining factor on whether Disney makes a sequel. Even with a 3x multiplier domestically (and assuming a $55M OW), that results in $165M. So, the movie would need another $235M internationally to break even. I know the movie was looking to disappoint in China, but not sure elsewhere. 

After having gotten back from seeing the movie, if I had to take a guess for the low Cinemascore rating without getting into spoilers, I guess it could be a combination of the fairly slow pace and the general cynicism of the story. The previous trilogy weren’t exactly feel good movies either, but I could imagine the direction this film’s story takes rubbing mainstream audiences the wrong way. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

After having gotten back from seeing the movie, if I had to take a guess for the low Cinemascore rating without getting into spoilers, I guess it could be a combination of the fairly slow pace and the general cynicism of the story. The previous trilogy weren’t exactly feel good movies either, but I could imagine the direction this film’s story takes rubbing mainstream audiences the wrong way. 

Yeah, the previous movies definitely weren't feel good movies. Rise could've maybe fallen into that category for at least the first half but Dawn and War had plenty of cynicism to go around.

Edited by poweranimals

This movie was borderline a boilerplate YA drama. The original 1968 movie is the STILL the best in the series (I haven't seen the Caesar sequels). An Absolute cinematic masterpiece that this offbrand Hunger Games can't compare to. 

• ...wtf 1