Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

On 3/8/2021 at 5:11 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

I know that and I didn't said IW was rotten or something. Though gotta admit it may be read like that, but it was midnight so...

Anyways what I meant was, "I stopped caring about CBM/MCU when a bunch of them criticised IW for cliffhanger ending"

Because that just explained how they had no idea about how things work and they are the reason IW isn't 90+ on RT like EG, despite being much better film.

So you think critics aren't trust-worthy because 25 critics (number of critics needed to give it a fresh for IW to get to 90%) didn't like Infinity War? That makes total sense.

And critics know what a cliff-hanger is lol. Likely wasn't the reason they didn't like Infinity War.

29 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

So you think critics aren't trust-worthy because 25 critics (number of critics needed to give it a fresh for IW to get to 90%) didn't like Infinity War? That makes total sense.

And critics know what a cliff-hanger is lol. Likely wasn't the reason they didn't like Infinity War.

not trust worthy or trust worthy, 

just "I DON'T CARE"

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Speculate responsibly. I'm guessing it's Simon Williams OR they use it as an opportunity to "fix" Evan Peters character and make him a version of Quicksilver from another universe. 

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Speculate responsibly. I'm guessing it's Simon Williams OR they use it as an opportunity to "fix" Evan Peters character and make him a version of Quicksilver from another universe. 

maybe a kind of mix of those 2, like the ‚bad‘ joke name being a badly chosen witness protection alias?

Not seriously a theory of mine, more of a spontaneous idea springing out of reading this.

2 hours ago, Wormow said:

How about to find a font that is as big as a skyscraper (sarcastic)

In general reactions are great, no need to ‘enhance’ someone’s not happy reaction per a way oversized font in my opinion

At RT even the series’ finale got an 86% (the whole series is at 91%)

At Imdb the finale is at 8.5, the series in it’s sum at 8.2

’nuff said

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, terrestrial said:

How about to find a font that is as big as a skyscraper (sarcastic)

In general reactions are great, no need to ‘enhance’ someone’s not happy reaction per a way oversized font in my opinion

At RT even the series’ finale got an 86% (the whole series is at 91%)

At Imdb the finale is at 8.5, the series in it’s sum at 8.2

’nuff said

I just copied and pasted the article title and didn’t realise it pasted that way, oops 

And you can love a series and still be able to criticise its weak points - which this article does. It’s not a negative review of the entire series 

‘nuff said 

Edited by Wormow

The ending was fine, if a little clunky and ham handed in terms of Wanda and Monica’s dialogue at the end. Learning that people have some very weird ideas about responsibility for things that were outside your control/knowledge (hint: not much).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wormow said:

just copied and pasted the article title and didn’t realise it pasted that way, oops 

The moment you past something you see that detail, so that reasoning does not count in my opinion

I have no problem with people not liking something, just with one sided presentation. I didn’t like some episodes neither, but feel the reactions of some based on the finale as they miss something - in a big way even, or are still too hang up on traditional limited to eg movie trilogy story-telling ways.

About what you picked to show unhappy reactions:

to me its not a finale of the character, all here know the character and the MCU will continue, even looking like there is a possibility for it being told in a big way in the next Dr Strange movie (but probably even more so after that one)

Out of the realization the MCU uses a complete other ‘system’ to tell a story than IMHO all other stories shown on screen (but not that different to eg crossover comic book events, or book series with side stories telling stories of others for a time, and than coming together again and again....) for me something like a movie or mini series focused on a character within the MCU is more like a chapter (which tell a part of the big mosaic out of the POV of character xy in a way) out of Game of Thrones, not like it has to have all solutions per the finale of a movie 3-parter or in this case, the last part of a mini-series. It does not need to follow the act 1, 2, 3 rule, see eg movies, of within a mini-series....

If at all, the character is in my POV with that mini series somewhere between act one (her intro and the relationship with Vision being only a scratch on her surface) and two or maybe within act two, if someone wants to use that kind of categorization.

I also feel like there was not really one there able to even try to stop her, no one of rank high enough to order others to try. In a way not unrealistic in how they chose to do this, their boss is in handcuffs, people are still trying to figure out what happened and who is involved in what agenda... That the 3 fighting against the Sword leader didn’t try is also more realistic for that first hour after the fight, and earnestly, who should have stopped her? They all just saw what she is able of.

Could the show-makers have chosen to create a more typical finale per eg pulling in some big gun who might have tried? It was a possibility, but in my POV not a ‘it has to be done’ possibility, see the story of the character continues, consequences or other impacts into her mind or for her as person we will see later in whatever way. So she went on to self-isolate to learn, the people of authority at that village are cleaning up the mess, sorting out how to get lets say 3000 people to where they belong, and the real high ups will have to get briefed and find a way to digest it.

Its something I even often miss at other movies, series,... like eg the more time allowing for steps no unprepared government is able to handle within a day like too often shown, the finality of a film ending leaving either to an too abrupt end, am too over the top end, or a way too many details leaving open end just for having (or being able) to end a movie in a traditional way

In the end I understand people feeling like there is something missing in that finale, but feel like they are missing it is not a finale of act three.

behind the scenes reveal that the ending was modified because of COVID, so at least there's that for those who are mad.

They couldn't film lots of scenes they had envisioned. 

It's clunky, even as someone who really liked the series. 

• Like 1