Eric Prime

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

6 minutes ago, YM! said:

Wakanda is at 820m now and should end with 830m-840m. A similar fall gives Marvels around 650-700m.

Do we expect the Marvels to be of the same quality as Wakanda though? All our expectations for Thor and MoM were that the films were going to be good. Even Eternals was suppose to be good. 

Maybe Nia DeCosta hits it out of the park like a young Ryan Coogler did, but they also could be Cate Shortland for Black Widow and average (at best IMO).

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

What is the hook of The Marvels? That probably the least-liked Avenger teams up with a character from a show that not many people watched? Ehhh.

There is a simple solution for this. Announce the cast of Kang Dynasty and put her in the Big 3. It still may not be enough for it to cross 700M, but it will do 600M+ easily, as in the MCU, audiences go to theatres for  big characters. If the audiences already believe that she is a big character like Thor and CA, then it will do 600M+ without any announcement.

Edited by Factcheck

15 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Do we expect the Marvels to be of the same quality as Wakanda though? All our expectations for Thor and MoM were that the films were going to be good. Even Eternals was suppose to be good. 

Maybe Nia DeCosta hits it out of the park like a young Ryan Coogler did, but they also could be Cate Shortland for Black Widow and average (at best IMO).

I think the issue with the Black Widow film was that besides the quality being average, they used a dead character. Also, it was a movie specifically made because people had been calling for a Black Widow movie for 10 years so Marvel was just like "fine, here".

• Like 3

https://deadline.com/2023/02/2023-super-bowl-movie-trailers-the-flash-fast-x-transformers-ant-man-expected-1235247160/

Disney is always part of the pigskin show and expect no less this year as it’s poised to tout spots for Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5), The Little Mermaid (May 26), Pixar’s Elemental (June 16) and possibly Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30) and Marvel Studios’ The Marvels (July 28). No spots for Disney+’s Secret Invasion are expected.

2 hours ago, dobrevv said:

I just noticed that after marvels theres 10 months until next mcu movie

Yep, long delay. Nothing was ahead enough in production to take the November 3 spot this year that Blade vacated, or the February 16 spot next year. Feels like there will be some extra pent up demand for Captain America: New World Order when it releases next May. 

Edited by Verrows

18 hours ago, XXR You Ok Annie said:

Why would they?

Because spreading the movies out more adds anticipation. The longer you have to wait between entries is a good thing. Sure there should be some anticipation during the 10 months afterwards but I think a November release would've added more of a balance than having like 3 movies over the course of 6 months and then suddenly 10 months off but that's just me. Even as a hardcore MCU fan, I think they've been jamming way too much content together which dimishes anticipation.

Edited by poweranimals

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

A sequel to a billion dollar movie is not exactly a wild card.

This is the only MCU movie this year with a previous Billion dollar movie but will probably be the lowest grosser or fight it with Ant Man 3.

Let's not pretend this is just a sequel from a Billion dollar movie. Carried by Endgame hype, right when Endgame marketing was going srong. Character wasn't that well received. Co-starring a character from a show no one watched.

I could be wrong. And I hope so.

Edited by MNightShya

2 minutes ago, MNightShya said:

This is the only MCU movie this year with a previous Billion dollar movie but will probably be the lowest grosser or fight it with Ant Man 3.

Let's not pretend this is just a sequel from a Billion dollar movie. Carried by Endgame hype, right when Endgame marketing was going srong. Character wasn't that well received. Co-starring a character from a show 

The Marvel may have a big drop but this still a 600M+ grosser. Also The Marvels will easily outgross Ant-Man