Eric the IF

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

rooting for this to fail ever since Nia Dacosta went on Blank Check to talk about Carpenter's The Fog and said it was boring and that she was on her phone the whole time.🙏🙏

I remember being interested to hear her on that episode and then I found her fairly off-putting haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

rooting for this to fail ever since Nia Dacosta went on Blank Check to talk about Carpenter's The Fog and said it was boring and that she was on her phone the whole time.🙏🙏

Lol God forbid somebody doesn't like The Fog. Out of all movies The Fog. I hope The Marvels is a critical and commercial hit like Candyman so Nia can continue moving up in Hollywood 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dobrevv said:

bsl about marvels but he said that love and thunder tester positive so who knows with mcu test screenings anymore

https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/status/1626629177817300995?t=1Grifo0xiyShO2uikhxIgA&s=19

Don´t believe it all. It´s all bs these days. Vieweranon is the only one of those on twitter you can trust.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I think Hunger Games moves forward and Dune shuffles back a few into December.

Dune won't move because Aquaman is wb's big december film and wonka is too, and the marvels isn't big enough for them to move their schedule around

Just now, TMP said:

Dune won't move because Aquaman is wb's big december film and wonka is too, and the marvels isn't big enough for them to move their schedule around

I said the same on the Dune thread - Dune is locked on its weekend, and is in the power position for the month, but I don't doubt there will be more shuffling around Dune.  

The Marvels may not even keep this Nov 10 date - it may just be a placeholder til they can see if they can get someone else to move - we can't discount that possibility...

58 minutes ago, TMP said:

What? Captain Marvel made more than every single Hunger Games movie and made more than double what Dune made.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SpiderByte said:

What? Captain Marvel made more than every single Hunger Games movie and made more than double what Dune made.

so wb will just have 3 big movies out in december, 2 of them starring chalamet?

Dune 2 could still move up to its old October 20 date. I don't think that would be too much of an issue, unless it really can't be ready two weeks earlier.

Come to think of it, Trolls 3 would benefit from moving up to Nov 3. First Trolls opened the first weekend of November against a Marvel movie in 2016 and did pretty well. Would benefit it to get some room ahead of Wish.

Edited by datpepper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think Hunger Games moves forward and Dune shuffles back a few into December.

I’m thinking the schedule will look like this:

10/20 - 2une

11/3 - The Marvels and Trolls Band Together

11/10 - Trolls could also go here if Marvels is too tough

11/17 - Hunger Games

11/24 - Wish

All we need is a male skewing movie for November and an adult movie or two that could do 50-70m and we got ourselves the strongest November in years.

• Like 1

Dune 2 will likely end up moving back to its original October 20 release date and enjoy three weeks of IMAX/PLF screens. If they're planning on taking it to festivals like the previous one there's no reason why it wouldn't be ready two weeks earlier.

The Hunger Games prequel: no idea what to make of this, could pull a Fantastic Beasts 1, could go the "this IP's moment is in the past" route of the failed Robert Langdon/Lisbeth Salander revivals years back. Maybe it would be better off going to sometime next year after Snow White's release when Zegler will be a more high-profile name.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, datpepper said:

Dune 2 could still move up to its old October 20 date. I don't think that would be too much of an issue, unless it really can't be ready two weeks earlier.

Come to think of it, Trolls 3 would benefit from moving up to Nov 3. First Trolls opened the first weekend of November against a Marvel movie in 2016 and did pretty well. Would benefit it to get some room ahead of Wish.

Yeah I said this before too. There's also the fact that a Disney animation opens just 5 days after its current date. There is no way Trolls 3 sticks on the 17th. The first weekend of November has been a DreamWorks Animation staple going back a long way. I think they'll go back to that spot, Dune or no Dune.

Edit: Oops, I somehow missed you already addressing the Wish issue.

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dobrevv said:

bsl about marvels but he said that love and thunder tested positive so who knows with mcu test screenings anymore

https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/status/1626629177817300995?t=1Grifo0xiyShO2uikhxIgA&s=19

Grace Randolph said the exact opposite - that they were disappointed with how it tested and are delaying for reshoots. Granted, both not-great sources, so take your pick I guess.