Eric the Fall Guy

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

26 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

BP and DS2 being boosted by said films has been talked about plenty on this forum so I would urge you to define who this "we" is

I would say most people who talk about Captain Marvel being boosted by Endgame ignore other examples, some out of ignorance and some because they only dislike or hate Captain Marvel out of all these characters. We'll rarely find a 1-page post on how BP was boosted by Infinity War and DS2 was boosted by IW and NWH (I don't know if anyone has ever made a 1-page post on this), but this is common for Captain Marvel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

I would say most people who talk about Captain Marvel being boosted by Endgame ignore other examples, some out of ignorance and some because they only dislike or hate Captain Marvel out of all these characters. We'll rarely find a 1-page post on how BP was boosted by Infinity War and DS2 was boosted by IW and NWH (I don't know if anyone has ever made a 1-page post on this), but this is common for Captain Marvel.

Oh yeah Captain Marvel undoubtedly gets more internet hate, but make no mistake plenty of users myself included have made these arguments for BP and DS2 as well here. And they are valid arguments imho even if there is a larger narrative in not wanting Captain Marvel to perform being pursued than there is one for BP or DS.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Firepower said:

No, it wouldn't have. It grossed on its first outing almost as much as Civil War and much more than extremely well received solo movies with top tier characters, without any stellar reception behind it, Avengers gave it a huge boost. Doesn't mean it would've flopped or anything, but it would've been more like 700-800 mln than 1.1 bln. Now The Marvels will likely pay for sins of its predecessor unless it gets truly great reception and marketing across the board which is highly unlikely.

Never denied that, in fact I agree, but Cap Marvel was connected to the largest crossover ever, not just cinematic universe in general.

Obviously we'll never know, but again, Infinity War was 1000000% more responsible for its success than Endgame.

• Like 1

So with this apparently not getting a Super Bowl trailer release, and with Fast X and The Flash finally getting theirs, that makes it the last big movie of the summer gauntlet not to have a trailer. Guessing we'll see it when Spring hits right before Disney needs to go full bore into marketing for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and The Little Mermaid

Then we're on to trailers for the August summer wind-down slate.

6 hours ago, Verrows said:

So with this apparently not getting a Super Bowl trailer release, and with Fast X and The Flash finally getting theirs, that makes it the last big movie of the summer gauntlet not to have a trailer. Guessing we'll see it when Spring hits right before Disney needs to go full bore into marketing for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and The Little Mermaid

Then we're on to trailers for the August summer wind-down slate.

March 8th most likely 

• Like 1