Eric is Anxious

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

I do wonder if Loki’s apparent success on Disney+, which is following GOTG3’s  will build back up some enthusiasm for Marvel, or if the brand is permanently damaged* from its dilution across shows and films of less consistent quality

*by permanently damaged, I don’t refer to the Avengers, Spider-Man, etc of the world, but rather the MCU’s ability to make these stand-alone movies make big bucks 

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

How much do you think Spidey 4 can do OW/DOM/WW if it's good?

Probably 1B+ WW.

That said the Spider-Man milking is getting to high levels. I feel people will get Spidered out at some point between Sony and all their planned live action spinoff movies and tv shows, a probable animated sequel trilogy to spiderverse, MCU Spider-Man, and the video games with a rumored Venom spin off game.

12 hours ago, JustLurking said:

This article is from 2016 but let's be real, no one from the left uses woke as a positive connotation. It's a dogwhistle from the right. Plain and simple. In no way does the left ever use this word.

I remember memes from the time (2015-2016-ish); woke was used as a "cooler" way to say enlightened at the time, and "the left" used it as a fun synonym for the term progressive

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Woke is an AAVE term with African-Americans good-naturedly using it for white ppl who were aware of racial differences and took action for the better. Ofc the right couldn't see good behavior being rewarded so obviously had to hijack the word and use it as an insult.

It's a perfect example of why the reasoning of just ignoring bad behavior altogether and focusing on encouraging good behavior to "stay positive" doesn't work. As long as there are shit ppl, we won't be able to have nice things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, John Marston said:

Ms Marvel is so irritating in the trailers. Her screams and her dialogue. The idea of watching a whole show about her makes me shudder 

Finally someone said it, it is  annoying. Personally not impressed, not to my taste. But some people like it, so opinions opinions.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

Things the first Captain Marvel could of borrowed from the Original Top Gun

1. Flying

- How is the main character an air force pilot, but have none of the characteristics and little aerial combat fight scenes? 

2. BiSexual Eroticism and Sexual Tension

- Handsome Guy and a Gym Freak Gal. Need I say more?

3. Hot Shot Main Character

- Why make such a big deal about being bullied for being a girl? Criticism and insults should bounce off of you like you're made of STEEL.

4. The Slow Jam Sound Track

Seriously, What is this Kree/Skrull/Jude Law nonsense?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Blade will do BB numbers.

It could not make any money at all, since there are rumours going about regarding a potential Marvel purge. Wonder Man is apparently out, and Vision Quest was removed from its writers' WGA profiles a few weeks back. The likes of Blade and Thunderbolts could potentially get scrapped now. Crazy times we're living in.

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I've never understood the "nobody asked for x" type arguments. Nobody asked for any movie ever. That's not a real argument.

This "nobody asked for x" argument usually happend because people didn't know explain exactly their real problem with the product.

What they often really mean is that there is a disinterest in the film and it was very obvious from the beginning.

52 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It could not make any money at all, since there are rumours going about regarding a potential Marvel purge. Wonder Man is apparently out, and Vision Quest was removed from its writers' WGA profiles a few weeks back. The likes of Blade and Thunderbolts could potentially get scrapped now. Crazy times we're living in.

The Fatwa has began 

4 hours ago, abracadabra1998 said:

I do wonder if Loki’s apparent success on Disney+, which is following GOTG3’s  will build back up some enthusiasm for Marvel, or if the brand is permanently damaged* from its dilution across shows and films of less consistent quality

*by permanently damaged, I don’t refer to the Avengers, Spider-Man, etc of the world, but rather the MCU’s ability to make these stand-alone movies make big bucks 

Honestly, the Avengers could be on danger too. The brand is popular, but it depends on its characters. 

So far, the new Avengers team could be this:

-Thor

-Captain Marvel

-Captain America (Sam)

-Black Panther (Shuri)

-Ant-Man

-Doctor Strange

Most members do not inspire much confidence.

Edited by Kon

Blade does kind of feel like Marvel's Flash at this point, but the creative team attached rn is too good. Plus they were Born Againig it right before the strike. Well, not literally, as they hadn't shot anything. The THR article did refer to Wonder Man as an upcoming series, I haven't heard anything about it being scrapped.

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

2. BiSexual Eroticism and Sexual Tension

More movies could use that in general.

I am convinced that the very troubled Blade movie is not happening. And considering it was Brie Larson who pushed this team up angle that is not selling, I have a feeling that Marvel is going to start giving less of a darn what these Oscar winners have to say about anything regarding the MCU. Chloe Zhao won after she got her MCU gig so I don't count her.