Eric Prime

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 hour ago, Sckathian said:

Funny thing is I think Shang Chi is probably the most charismatic character yet they have in this run.

Their plan is to release it after the next Avengers saga is over. So essentially we could have a 6-7 year between films but I strongly suspect it gets shelved. Odd odd stuff.

I think Shang chi is the most forgettable movie they released during phase 4 tho

37 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Marvel blaming Brie rather than themselves is insane and pathetic. 

Maybe you forgot to read who said that quote. It did not come from Marvel or anyone associated with them. It's from Joanna Robinson, one of the co authors of the book which has no association with Marvel or Disney. She's not wrong in what she said about Larson though. Love her or hate her she is a divisive figure unlike ScarJo or Lizzie.

40 minutes ago, Wandavisionlover0924 said:

I feel like Wanda should be the main character next. She's the only character that I'm interested in currently 

A main character of what. A Wanda movie would flop. 
They need to reboot. They’re introducing the Fantastic 4 but they killed T’Challa whose first appearance was in the Fantastic 4 and has a bunch of stories with them. Stupid.
They’ve made poor choices which can only be rectified with a reboot.

1 hour ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Maybe you forgot to read who said that quote. It did not come from Marvel or anyone associated with them. It's from Joanna Robinson, one of the co authors of the book which has no association with Marvel or Disney. She's not wrong in what she said about Larson though. Love her or hate her she is a divisive figure unlike ScarJo or Lizzie.

Yep learn from them Brie  keep your mouth shut, and don't piss off the Incels.  Pathetic 

2 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Have we blamed the writers yet? Because they absolutely positively stink up the show. A large chunk of the dialogue is like nails on a chalk board

There should be a mandatory Twitter/Tiktok ban for all the writers. 

Edited by The GOAT
  • Thanks 1

Captain Marvel 2 with the Secret Invasion story does a cool 750M+ WW.

The Marvels, a team-up with two characters nobody cares about, with a generic story and a nobody villain played by an unknown actress does under Black Adam WW.  

These are facts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

How much will the tracking change between now and release?  Is it possible everyone is jumping out the window too early?  

Yes. Good reviews and buzz about the quality could help just like it did with Guardians 3. I think people are much more in a wait and see mode with the MCU right now. Having said that that might still only get it to 70-80 million OW at the most. 

• Like 1

I think Brie Larson is miscast but she didn't produce, write nor direct Captain Marvel. I blame Kevin Feige and Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck. I always thought Boden and Fleck were poor and extremely boring choices to direct the film. I guess that's all water under the bridge now though. They made the film that they made and now Nia DaCosta has to try and save the property. Believe it or not, I hope she succeeds. I hope the film is good, has mostly good reviews and opens with 75M and has Wonder Woman style legs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Yep learn from them Brie  keep your mouth shut, and don't piss off the Incels.  Pathetic 

There are people who don't care for her for reasons other than right wing nonsense. For myself, there's just something very lacking in charisma with her.  Can't really put my finger on it.  Sometimes people just rub people the wrong way despite what they actually do... I've met several people who just instantly did not like me despite never speaking to me or interacting with me previously at all. 

8 minutes ago, boxoff53 said:

There are people who don't care for her for reasons other than right wing nonsense. For myself, there's just something very lacking in charisma with her.  Can't really put my finger on it.  Sometimes people just rub people the wrong way despite what they actually do... I've met several people who just instantly did not like me despite never speaking to me or interacting with me previously at all. 

Not sure you meant it that way but that is a sad commentary on the nature of human beings and not something we should be proud of.