Eric Lasagna

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I'll say, review leaks is a whole new realm of movie leaks. Uncharted waters.

For those unaware, this is the guy who's leaks have mostly comprised of runtimes and trailers, so he does have legitimacy. Possibly quotes from a critics trailer spot?

Is this the guy who said FNAF would somehow be 3 hours long?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

We don’t know about the future of Brie Larson in the MCU as much as we knew about RDJ’s or Chris Evans’ before Endgame. I doubt that she won’t be around for a good while though.

I also think this entire narrative cycle is just being driven by a response to D23. 

It's more abrupt/edgier than I expected (so in keeping with book's description) but I don't read the book as implying more special knowledge on this subject. I think the book just feels that this was an undercovered/forgotten story and it happened while she was writing it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I'll say, review leaks is a whole new realm of movie leaks. Uncharted waters.

For those unaware, this is the guy who's leaks have mostly comprised of runtimes and trailers, so he does have legitimacy. Possibly quotes from a critics trailer spot?

I'm still not interested / excited to watch it, no matter how well is reviewed. In my view, something is off. This movie feels off. I'm not digging the style and the direction. It's "just there". It lacks energy and life and excitement. 

Who's excited to watch The Marvels? Other than the fanbase ( usually the ones who already got tickets and will watch it even if it's the worst thing ever ), I don't see people saying how excited they are to watch it.

Hell, I was insanely excited to see Saw X ( loved the flick ), but I'm not feeling The Marvels. I didn't go to theaters to see Ant-Man 3? I didn't rush to the theaters to see Guardians of the Galaxy 3 ( this one I watched on discount day and it was just ok imo ). I barely have watched the MCU series. Nothing is clicking on me regarding MCU. I'm more excited to see how the Fox Universe will be integrated to the MCU. However, anything else is irrelevant.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

FNAF is coming out in literally 1 week.

I am really curious about the international numbers for this one.

52 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

He also got the runtime for The Marvels correct, as well as several TV shows runtimes down to the second.

Yeah, he does have some credibility, and it would certainly be weird to lie about something so specific that would easily be debunked as an obvious lie soon, so that's interesting. Still, 3 good reviews does not a good general reception make. It's not bad though, not at all.

44 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Nothing is clicking on me regarding MCU. I'm more excited to see how the Fox Universe will be integrated to the MCU. However, anything else is irrelevant.

You've always been very much into the Fox universe back then, haven't you? I remember that, I was/am as well, always loved it the most of all superhero universes. I'm very excited to see how it gets integrated as well.

• Like 1

I do think this will have good reviews which will salvage it somewhat but there is a limit to what can realistically be done. Elemental as a new property is not a good comp plus it had much better international numbers than what marvels will have.

Considering where the comps are landing I think with good reviews marvels opens to ard 70M but that's about it, this time of the year at best it gets to 200Mish dom though I would go more 180, seems to me like a part of the fanbase is just hostile to these characters and will simply refuse to show up for them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I do think this will have good reviews which will salvage it somewhat but there is a limit to what can realistically be done. Elemental as a new property is not a good comp plus it had much better international numbers than what marvels will have.

Considering where the comps are landing I think with good reviews marvels opens to ard 70M but that's about it, this time of the year at best it gets to 200Mish dom though I would go more 180, seems to me like a part of the fanbase is just hostile to these characters and will simply refuse to show up for them.

Yesgreat reception will could drag this movie above Quantumania domestically but that's about it

Original animated kids movie != Superhero/CBM sequel

Edited by HummingLemon496

Unless we get some news of early fan screenings like Guardians 3, I'm not buying these reviews.

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

That's honestly the biggest hurdle Marvel's facing nowadays. Pretty much all of their newer characters have been getting rejected and mocked in one form or another. The original run worked because of its strong cast of core heroes who people connected with. They built the goodwill the Marvel brand used to have, and that's the goodwill that propped weirdos like the Guardians and Ant-Man up. Nowadays, their roster is an ocean of wasted potential. They're just not as compelling as the original cast. And even the ones from said cast who made it out of Endgame alive were pretty much all wasted. Marvel will never regain their original glory, but if they want to carve themselves a new, valid space in pop culture then they need to get the Fantastic Four and X-Men pitch perfect. Those are their last hopes, assuming the stench of Fox doesn't haunt them of course.

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

A lot of male fans were already hostile towards her, but some female fans have also become hostile towards her because of Wanda. Sins committed by Marvel Studios and Feige are hurting this movie.

Review leak .

These wricks of desperation.

Empire and IGN are the typical buzzword responses. These two are among the easiest to please.

Remember TLT

Marvel giving out critic screenings this early after shocks they have gotten(eternals etc...

Guy who released the tweet has a solid accuracy rate but nah still skeptical.

Personally expecting BW like reviews. Expect this to at least be serviceable enough but overall don't expect it to move the needle that much.

Low to mid 400s WW 

5 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

I also think this entire narrative cycle is just being driven by a response to D23. 

It's more abrupt/edgier than I expected (so in keeping with book's description) but I don't read the book as implying more special knowledge on this subject. I think the book just feels that this was an undercovered/forgotten story and it happened while she was writing it. 

Brie to THR at D23expo last year. The Marvels is about her realizing that she makes mistakes & she needs help & support & it will be the new beginning of her phase in the MCU.