Eric S'ennui

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

3 minutes ago, Squire said:

Looks like it. Whether people like to admit it or not, in this day and age certain critics have agendas. The bloggers are certainly doing their best to give this movie some kind of win. 

Lol at crying "AGENDA" the moment you don't agree with critics.

Moderation

Because some people don't want to listen, we aren't doing this "critics have an agenda, critics only think about politics, etc.". None of that. It's unfounded, conspiratorial nonsense we don't need on this forum. If you do this, you're getting a threadban. Final warning. Your choice.

4 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Metacritics 50 (39 reviews)

Audience reception so far after 1 day opening: 

France: 2.3/5 (Allocine)

South Korea: 74% (CGV)

Hongkong: 2.6/5 (hkmovie6)

the metacritic one is manipulated. A critic put the movie a 0..

35 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Maybe Deadpool 3 if it gets lucky, but there is no way that Joker 2 doesn't have its own Captain Marvel-esque collapse.

Unlike Captain Marvel, Joker left a cultural impact.

Unlike Captain Marvel, Joker wasn't carried by China.

Unlike Captain Marvel, which was carried by Endgame, Joker succeeded on it's own terms despite DC brand being in the gutter.

Unlike The Marvels, Joker 2 is being targeted towards an audience that is actually interested in it. Online engagements so far are very high, showing people are interested.

With Lady Gaga in it and some of the competition fleeing to 2025, it is hard to see it not being massive.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, Noctis said:

As a very casual Marvel viewer, Phases 1-3 were unbelievably more exciting and consistent in both quality and novelty. 

The past two years I have massively checked out from anything Marvel due to them overwhelmingly bombarding us with countless TV shows and projects. Enough. They have caused me (and many others) to view the upcoming movies with much less weight, ESPECIALLY since they supposedly tied stuff from the TV shows to the movies.

And happy birthday @SpiderByte! Have a great one!

I agree with the first statement and the checking out part. But for me the reason is not that there are too many projects, the issue is that many of these projects are OK and some are just bad. If they were good, I would have no problem watching 3-4 movies and 3-4 (6-9 episode) series in a year, that's manageable. Another issue for me, and I believe a large portion of the GA (at least international) is that there is no interconnectedness and coherence to these movies and show like there was in phase 2-3. There is no overall arc that would make me want to watch the next part. People used to say that the MCU is a episodic TV show in movie form but I see that as a compliment. It was connected and each installment made me excited for the next one. But now almost nothing connects and they are only now getting onto the Kang part. 

Another blunder they did was not having a team ready by this point. We should have had a team, or at least a semblance of one, by now but most of the movies/shows show no hints of interactions between the different major heroes. We should have had an Avengers movie by now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

Unlike Captain Marvel, Joker left a cultural impact.

Unlike Captain Marvel, Joker wasn't carried by China.

Unlike Captain Marvel, which was carried by Endgame, Joker succeeded on it's own terms despite DC brand being in the gutter.

Unlike The Marvels, Joker 2 is being targeted towards an audience that is actually interested in it. Online engagements so far are very high, showing people are interested.

With Lady Gaga in it and some of the competition fleeing to 2025, it is hard to see it not being massive.

Uhh. . take out China and Captain Marvel is still at $974M WW

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

This can still reverse Wonder Woman 1984 itself to 89% let's go higher, further, faster bloggers

Nah average is still 5.7/10.  Basically  it's passable. Even the late surge of positive reviews are not really that glowing. "Basically it's fun and enjoyed but plot messy"

Think we are seeing lot of positives balancing off the negative ones earlier.

Last 12. 7 positive 5 negative. So surge may have reached its peak? . Think it's goona even out and it will balance around mid 60s at best .

Edited by Liiviig 1998

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Nah average is still 5.7/10.  Basically  it's passable. Even the late surge of positive reviews are not really that glowing. "Basically it's fun and enjoyed but plot messy"

Think we are seeing lot of positives balancing off the negative ones earlier.

Last 12. 7 positive 5 negative. So surge may have reached its peak? . Think it's goona even out and it will balance around mid 60s at best .

I wasn't being serious.