Eric S'ennui

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

9 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's par for course for how this place has been evolving since like...2016 unfortunately.

The use of word was ironic obviously so no need to drag it now that's clarified. But I'll make it easier and just lurk without posting if purging the thread from ironic posters is the endgame of this dragging. Gosh knows I post too much cause the thread is so much fun. Time to get serious so I'm out. My club won with flying colors so there's nothing more to say. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

The use of word was ironic obviously so no need to drag it now that's clarified. But I'll make it easier for you and just lurk without posting if purging the thread from ironic posters is the endgame of this dragging. Gosh knows I post too much cause the thread is so much fun. Time to get serious so I'm out. My club won with flying colors so there's nothing more to say. 

The Barbevliers are the most oppressed group in this form. 

Edited by WorkingonaName

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

The use of word was ironic obviously so no need to drag it now that's clarified. But I'll make it easier and just lurk without posting if purging the thread from ironic posters is the endgame of this dragging. Gosh knows I post too much cause the thread is so much fun. Time to get serious so I'm out. My club won with flying colors so there's nothing more to say. 

Stop being such a Ken.

51 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Are we seriously using the "soy" buzzword used by the reactionaries unironically? What the hell am I reading? A Nerdrotic comment section?

beyond insane to get lectured by a man who talks about movies bombing like they’re geopolitical disasters, but I guess I’ll refrain from making even slightly flippant references to online buzzwords moving forward on here

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Could it become the biggest bomb of all time?

Looking to end up around the Flash numbers, both RT score and boxoffice. Flash had a lead actor who was an abusive criminal and that film was part of a dead DCEU. This had way more going for it too. Weird.

Just now, Mojoguy said:

Looking to end up around the Flash numbers, both RT score and boxoffice. Flash had a lead actor who was an abusive criminal and that film was part of a dead DCEU. This had way more going for it too. Weird.

This had an unlikeable actress (Brie), a couple of nobodies (the other two) and a target demographic that doesn't care about the movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belakor said:

What is the obsession with RT? BO wise it doesn't mean anything, if anything the audience score is more relevant.

People are desperate for a bunch of nobodies mixed in with legitimate critics to validate their movie. The Rotten Tomatoes stuff always confuses me on different movie forums. It doesn't matter at all, yet people get so worked up over it. lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TommyOliver said:

People are desperate for a bunch of nobodies mixed in with legitimate critics to validate their movie. The Rotten Tomatoes stuff always confuses me on different movie forums. It doesn't matter at all, yet people get so worked up over it. lol

It’s actually pretty tame on this thread, people have learnt their lesson over the years. A decade ago it was batshit. Dozens of pages of flame wars. 

good times 

• Like 2